Windows 10: Monitor random power downs

Discus and support Monitor random power downs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading to windows 10, my monitor randomly goes to power save mode (standby). This appears to be mainly in games. e.g. Lord of the Rings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flackadder, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Monitor random power downs

Since upgrading to windows 10, my monitor randomly goes to power save mode (standby). This appears to be mainly in games. e.g. Lord of the Rings Online, but I have noticed the same in Chrome once in a while. Apart from that, all seems to be fine. I am running the latest GeForce drivers....10.18.13.5362

Thanks in advance

:)

Flackadder, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Stevec649 Win User

Random Shut Downs

Ever since I updated to windows 10 about two weeks ago my computer will randomly shutdown, sometimes when I am not on it and sometimes when I am in the middle of something its getting very frustrating. **** no windows did not shut down correctly screen,
    no warning. Just off my computer is not even one year old and I want to know what to do fix it please...

Stevec649, Aug 1, 2015
  3. PamZebra Win User
    Random Shut Downs

My Acer Aspire S7 hard shuts down when on battery even though it has 90% or more supply.

PamZebra, Aug 1, 2015
  4. GAZ
    Gaz Win User

Monitor random power downs

I've had it too, on upgrading to Windows 10 the second time... first time around I did a clean install of 10 but kept getting system freezes so I went back to 8.1. After a week or so, I gave it another go and installed 10 again, this time through the upgrade method and ended up with your problem, but there's no apparent fix yet (that I've found) - Nvidia forums have quite a few threads about this, but no answers at present. ATM, I'm going back to a clean install of 8.1 (again).

I might try 10 again at some point in the future but at the moment, it's a no-go for me.

5. God forgive Microsoft update their Monitor and Power Settings.
    How long have they supported Multiple screens yet you have to go 3rd party to be able to control each individually.
    Microsoft settings use One setting for all monitors.
    Each One should have it's own screen saver, screen sleep ect...

I'm ranting..
    Check your power settings in the control panel.

Richard Shank, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Well, I solved the problem in the end, bought a new PC with 10 installed already. Bit of an expensive workaround, but it worked Monitor random power downs :)

Flackadder, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Monitor random power downs

1. Monitor random power downs - Similar Threads - Monitor random power

2. Random BSOD and power downs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and power downs.: Well, sometimes my Dell Inspiron likes to randomly shut itself down mid-game, but it seems like it doesn't fully shutdown, and I say that because the keyboard will stay lit up, but the blue internal PC LEDs are off as if it is off. I will have to then pull the main power...
  3. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  4. computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer randomly shutting down and power button blinking?: I just got my fans replaced and I went on my PC to play some games. Everytime I open a game and let it run for a couple of minutes, my whole computer turns off. I updated NVIDIA too. My battery even though plugged in, has an x on it and it doesnt show up on the bar either....
  5. My pc randomly shuts down and power back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc randomly shuts down and power back on: On event viewer it says, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider and APPID Unavailable to the user SHRONK\Kavin SID...
  6. My pc randomly shuts down and power back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc randomly shuts down and power back on: On event viewer it says, The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscCloudBackupProvider and APPID Unavailable to the user SHRONK\Kavin SID...
  7. Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly shuts down, power cycles for the sec then shut down and repeats: #1 So I have fixed all the problems I have encountered with my pc for the past 7 ish years, browsing through forums, hit and miss etc. but this is the first time I am posting to publicly ask for help. I've never encountered this and cant find it anywhere. I have a pc that...
  8. Secondary monitor enters power mode at random

Secondary monitor enters power mode at random: In the past month or so my 2nd monitor dell 2009 1080p will enter power save mode whenever I open certain programs or just at random. when this happens I have to go behind my computer and replug the DVI to Displayport adapter. I have gotten to the point where every day I have...
  9. power down

power down: app preventing shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-down/89091f3d-eb7c-405e-a430-b334c506ebf0
  10. Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On

Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On: Hi, Since the Past few days Having weird problem.Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On.after that I have to Restart and everything runs fine for a while and then it shuts down again.My Sysytem is on a Borrowed smps (foxin, TECHNOLOGY REDEFINED)...