Windows 10: Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

Discus and support Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello to whom it may concern, I have a monitor that I use as my main display and I connect it to a laptop that I have. The laptop is connected to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vishay Jeetoo, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

Hello to whom it may concern,

I have a monitor that I use as my main display and I connect it to a laptop that I have. The laptop is connected to a docking station which i use a vga cable to plug into my monitor. Randomly, the monitor will disconnect and will go black, and after a few seconds will read no connection, before automatically reconnecting as if i have unplugged the vga cable and re-plugged it again. This can happen multiple times, especially if im playing games such as Minecraft and it would take a lot longer to reconnect. I am sure that the problem is not the docking station or the cable as I have replaced them but still getting the same problem. The cable is also screwed in tightly. This is really annoying for me and i have not managed to find a solution by reading through other people's problems. Also I don't know too much about computers so if someone could help me soon it would really make me happy.

Vishay

:)

Vishay Jeetoo, Feb 9, 2020
  2. 3870x2 Win User

Raid-0 Randomly Disconnects

Asus maximus iii with PII 945
    Raid-0 configuration with 2x seagates

The hard drives will randomly disconnect and reconnect. This is a huge problem when playing a game and it suddenly errors out because the hard drive will disconnect, then immediately reconnect.

I am going out to get some better SATA cables (these are questionable).

Any ideas why this would happen?

3870x2, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Laptop External Monitor Disconnects and Reconnects Continuously

I have a Lenovo T520 laptop with integrated Intel HD3000 graphics card and a discrete NVidia NVS4200M graphics card as well. I have a Planar PX2710MW 27 inch monitor connected via VGA (the only option on this laptop) configured to extend the desktop . After
    upgrading to Windows 10, both the laptop LCD and external monitor appeared to work as normal (still showing extended desktop). Unfortunately, after a couple of minutes the external monitor blacked out (disconnected - says no signal for a couple of seconds),
    and then the laptop monitor resets with the full desktop showing. About 2 seconds later the external monitor reconnects and the laptop monitor resets and now the extended desktop is back. If this happened once it would have been ok, but it happens about
    every 5 minutes (varies - sometimes several times a minute or can be stable for 10 minutes and the starts happening again). The icons also keep rearranging on the external monitor so sometimes they're on the left, sometimes on the right...lol. I have tried
    updating the NVidia drivers to the latest (353.62), but no joy. I have disabled the NVidia card in the laptop BIOS and the problem persists with only the Intel HD3000 card active. Intel does not have a newer version of the driver available other than the
    one included in Windows update at Windows 10 launch (9.17.10.4229 July 25 2015), so there is nothing to update there. Anybody have any suggestions? This is beyond annoying when you're trying to do anything meaningful.

Thanks!

Drunkwithpower, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

Windows randomly disconnects WiFi

Hello,

After installing 1903 update, my wifi randomly disconnects. I've to disconnect and reconnect wifi to make it work again.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve this issue?

SourabhMhaisekar, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop

1. Monitor randomly disconnects and reconnects from a laptop - Similar Threads - Monitor randomly disconnects

2. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  3. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: Someone, I need help. My USB devices started to disconnecting and reconnecting after a second. It happens randomly, and I don't know what it is related with.This issue occurred after I clean my PC. I knew what I did, I mean I didn't disconnect something, and now it's not...
  4. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?: hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long while but I had to reinstall everything which can be a pain I've seen a few videos and tried them all still nothing its becoming...
  5. how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop monitor and mouse from disconnecting and reconnecting?: hello I've had my pc for a while now without any problems the 1st time I had this problem ended up rebooting the entire system it worked for a long while but I had to reinstall everything which can be a pain I've seen a few videos and tried them all still nothing its becoming...
  6. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  7. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling also I've tried going to an older build of Windows. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-randomly-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/07fe25f9-d507-4e37-846b-07e484de2213
  8. USB randomly disconnecting and reconnecting

9. USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Disconnect/Reconnect at random: So I've been having a chronic issue that for a while hasn't popped up, but has today become absolutely insufferable. Occasionally, my pc will just, at random, decide to disconnect and then reconnect three of my devices connected to my USB ports. I have a total of four...
  10. Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnecting and reconnecting randomly on laptop.: So I recently bought a laptop online, and after finally getting it, everything worked perfectly after updating it to the latest everything. However, I’m having issues with internet connection and only on this laptop HP EliteBook 840 G2. I’ve been getting errors like “Can’t...