Windows 10: Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer

Discus and support Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While browsing the internet on my computer, after about 2 minutes, my monitor will turn off. I can turn it back on, but when I do, it cannot reconnect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ptolemy2002, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer

While browsing the internet on my computer, after about 2 minutes, my monitor will turn off. I can turn it back on, but when I do, it cannot reconnect the display to my computer. The computer remains on, and so does the monitor. The only way to fix this that I could find is to force restart the computer with the power button. When I turn it back on, the display works fine until this problem happens again. Recently, I turned on hardware acceleration on google chrome and switched from a wireless to a wired network connection. I tried updating my drivers.

:)

Ptolemy2002, Mar 22, 2019

2. Monitor turns off randomly

My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries.

Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?!

Thank you in advance

Anniecreel, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Monitor is going black or distorted white randomly

I have a LCD monitor on my computer. Randomly, the monitor will either go completely black (as if powered off, and the power light turns off) or it will get a distorted frozen white screen (like how your smartphone would look if you dropped it in a toilet and tried to turn it on). Not too surprising, I have not dropped this 21 inch monitor in a toilet. The only way I can get the monitor to work again is by unplugging it and plugging it back in

I'm pretty sure that it is just a dead monitor that needs to be replaced, but a friend suggested that it might just be the power cord, since the monitor will work (like it is now) for hours on end, then suddenly start randomly not working. It's worth checking out, but before dropping money on a new monitor (if it isn't the power cord), can anyone confirm (or strongly suggest) that it is not a CPU issue or video card? Or maybe someone has seen this before?

Steven Rayback, Mar 22, 2019
  4. _JP_ Win User

Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

Thema:

Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer

1. Monitor randomly turns off without reconnecting to computer - Similar Threads - Monitor randomly turns

2. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  3. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  4. Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in: When I turn the computer on, the monitor will initially turn on but then quickly turn off once it connects to the computer. It will only come back on if I take the wire out and plug it back in to the monitor. It won't even turn back on if I switch it off and on at the socket....
  5. Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in

Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in: When I turn the computer on, the monitor will initially turn on but then quickly turn off once it connects to the computer. It will only come back on if I take the wire out and plug it back in to the monitor. It won't even turn back on if I switch it off and on at the socket....
  6. Monitor turns off when computer turns on and will only reconnect once replugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's Turn Off Randomly - HELP!: HelloRecently I have been experiencing an issue where both my monitors turn off randomly usually when I'm dragging and dropping image/video/audio files into Premier pro and almost puts the PC into sleep mode where I have to wiggle the mouse or the screens come back on after a...
  8. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  9. Monitor turning on and off randomly

Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  10. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...