Windows 10: Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Discus and support Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working which is the reason i went and go thte samsung monitor. Both are 24'. The asus monitor not that long ago worked again after i did not even touch it for close to 2 years. But then after it worked for a few weeks, it stopped working and i have to buy another monitor. When the asus worked for the short time, i bought a usb c to hdmi cable and connected my asus monitor to laptop that way. Thus usb c on my dell xps laptop to the asus monitor hdmi. Thus dual monitors.

I could buy this monitor where im located but this is the amazon.com us site. They have this on the other country site.

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: ASUS C624BQ monitior

So based on this, i notice it does not have an hdmi port. How is this even possible? Shouldn't most modern monitors have hdmi? Now i notice it has displayport and dvi. Can someone here confirm its only these 2? Now here is my question. What cable should i buy? I already have one hdmi to hdmi cable that i connect my samsung syncmaster to my dell xps 15 9550 laptop. I have the usb c to hdmi cable that i bought for my asus monitor which has an hdmi port but that monitor stopped working. I want to buy this monitor but it has display port or dvi.

So should i buy a usb c to displayport cable? Or usb c to dvi cable? Now heres the interesting thing. I could even use the usb c to hdmi cable to connect my samsung monitor as i tried this before. So based on that, that means i could also buy an hdmi to displayport cable or hdmi to dvi cable correct? Thus my options are

usb c to displayport cable
    usb c to dvi cable
    hdmi to displayport cable
    hdmi to dvi cable

So in terms of cost, seems like hdmi to dvi cable cost the least.... At the moment im in the US so i could buy these cables where i could bring it to the country where im using it. But i cannot buy a monitor though. Thus i would buy that asus monitor in that country.. but i need proper cable. But i heard dvi is not very good and you shoudl always go with hdmi or displayport... is that correct?

So should i just get the usb c to displayport cable since that would probably work best if im sure i will be buying this monitor? The other thing that confuses me is what about those 2 other cables? HDMI to displayport and usb c to dvi. I read reviews that most of the hdmi to display port are incorrect in that its the complete opposite and that doesn't work? And the usbc to dvi would just be paying too much since i already have that usb c to hdmi cable? Thus might as well get the hdmi to dvi cable if i choose that route? Thanks.

:)

paulyjustin, Oct 2, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

I believe HDMI for graphics cards is slowly on the way out. I currently use DVI-D for one monitor (simply because it doesn't have displayport) and displayport on the gsync enabled monitor. I think displayport will prevail and become defacto.

The DVI-D monitor is set to 144Hz and the displayport one is set to 165Hz.

swarfega, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Smallfoe Win User
    120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

I'm sorry but i don't see how that helps me at the moment since i got a older monitor than you *Biggrin sorry i'm dumb ^^

Smallfoe, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

HDMI to DVI Monitor Will Not Play Audio

Thanks for the suggestions, Deepika. I have a Samsung SyncMaster HDTV monitor and a SHARP monitor. I'm trying to get audio on the Samsung HDTV. I'm not sure if you need an audio cable when connecting to the HDTV. Anyways, I kept it on the television. Either
    way, it doesn't work. I ran the troubleshooter, and there isn't any problems. I tested all the cables yesterday, and everything works as usual. How are the HDMI cables supposed to connect and work with video and audio? Is there a driver problem? I believe
    it might be because my monitor is in the DVI port, instead of an HDMI. This is why it's not detecting on the sounds/playback devices. Plugging an audio cable in the secondary monitor with VGA works, but using an HDMI for the television does not. Using VGA
    for the television does work with audio. Not sure what the problem is, or if I have to plug the audio cable in the HDTV at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: Figured out the problem, testing. The HDMI cable although supports audio and video, the DVI connector
    does not. Because of this, the computer detects it as a DVI connection. It instead uses the regular audio cable. The television, however, does not. It detects HDMI first, and uses that as as the audio. Since there is no coming through the DVI
    connector and instead coming through the audio cable, it won't play anything. This can be half solved by changing the source device (source>edit name) on the Samsung television to HDMI DVI. This, however, does not fix it, as sound still doesn't come out. The
    computer still has to be changed to be able to play audio properly. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

ThomasChen_395, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

1. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI - Similar Threads - Monitor Recommendation Dual

2. DVI dual monitor connected no signal fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI dual monitor connected no signal fix?: Hey, I have been trying for a couple days now to get this dual monitor setup working, I made sure both monitors work, which they do however when one is booted the other shows no signal, one is connected to vga and one is connected to dvi. When I connect the monitors through...
  3. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  4. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card: Hello I run a dual pc setup windows 10 x64. I have razer external capture card I use for streaming. Usually every other time I restart my gaming pc it will boot into hdmi connection instead of dvi port which will cause me to have too restart it again till I get my gaming...
  5. DVI monitor and hdmi external capture card

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. hdmi to dual dvi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi to dual dvi: my windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-dual-dvi/45536e2d-2f17-4ad8-bf9f-7451f367f4e4
  7. Graphics Card (DVI-D Out) to Monitor (DisplayPort In)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Card (DVI-D Out) to Monitor (DisplayPort In): Hi guys With help from @muchomurka , I have managed to build a PC centred around some old parts I had - P5K Deluxe Wifi mobo, Intel Core 2 Q6600 (G0 version), 8 GB ram and a Graphics card. This graphics card is a GeForce 8600 GTS Silent Fanless HTDP 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI...
  8. Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is not working with DisplayPort to HDMI adapter: I have a HP EliteDisplay E222 and it is not able to recieve signals using a HDMI to DisplayPort adapter. I have tried plugging in the DisplayPort side of the adapter into my computer and into my graphics card and both of them give me no signal and that makes me think it is...
  9. Windows 10 Unstable Display w/ Dual Monitor (DisplayPort + HDMI)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Unstable Display w/ Dual Monitor (DisplayPort + HDMI): Hello Community, My Rig: OS: Windows 10 64 bit CPU: i3 8100 GPU: RX 480 Disk: 500Gb NVME RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Primary Display: HDMI ASUS (1920x1080) Secondary Displays: HDMI Samsung(1920x1080), DisplayPort LG(2560x1080) When trying to use multiple displays of different...
  10. 120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    120hz Monitor, HDMI or DVI-D cable?: Hey there, my old 2nd monitor is about to die (see: Solved Dual screen issue, 2nd screen turns black ... - Windows 10 Forums) so i got a replacement. Now i figured thats this monitor is able to run 120hz and i sure as hell wanna use that. *Smile But i remember i did...