Windows 10: Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

Discus and support Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running CS:GO, I've set it to 144 Refresh rate in nvidia Control Panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michaelyroshevsky3, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running CS:GO, I've set it to 144 Refresh rate in nvidia Control Panel it keeps changing back to 60 Refresh rate same thing in Advanced Display Settings changing it to 144 Refresh rate it does the same. When I reboot my PC the problem fixes but when I launch CS:GO again it happens again.
    I tried reinstalling graphics card didn't help. moreover I tried reinstalling CS:GO to another disk or removing the -refresh 144 or changing to -freq 144 from the launch options nothing works. PLEASE HELP!

GPU: GTX 1050 TI

Monitor: Asus VG248QE

:)

michaelyroshevsky3, Mar 28, 2020

2. Refresh rate Problem

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Screen refresh rate is the rate at which the data displayed on screen is refreshed; it may be an image or some text document. Most of the users would like to set it to a higher rate but this also depends on the capacity of graphic
    card and monitors. If the refresh rate is slow, the images on the display looks as flickering to the user eye and makes it uncomfortable to work.

Nowadays the latest monitors available in market will have minimum 60 Hz of refresh rate and it is very good option to set it to 70 Hz if you your monitor is compatible. Normally a high performance or quality monitors can reach
    120 Hz of refresh rate. So I would suggest you to set your monitor refresh rate as higher as possible, below given steps describes how to access this feature on your Windows 8.1/10 PC.

• The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however, your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information about the settings that your monitor supports.
    • If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be damaged.
    • Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to the computer.
    I would, as of now, suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's support website and install the latest display and chipset drivers available for the latest operating system (currently it would be 8.1 in the list).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Mar 28, 2020
  3. refresh rate

I have a 64 bit color system but in 3 screen mode it only has 32 bit available and my refresh rate on my main monitor is 144 while my other 2 monitors are 60 yet it only allows for 60 why is this and is there a fix?

TerryClay1, Mar 28, 2020
  4. GregH Win User

Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

Changing (reducing) a monitor's refresh rate?

Is it safe to change a monitor's default refresh rate - in other words force it to run at a slower refresh rate. Mine has a default of 59Hz and I want to run it at 30Hz. It appears that I can do this in the nVidia driver software but I do not want to risk damage to the monitor. I would want to run at this slower refresh rate for several hours at a time.

GregH, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a...

1. Monitor Refresh Rate Keep changes from 144 Refresh rate to 60 Refresh rate after running a... - Similar Threads - Monitor Refresh Rate

2. Refresh rate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate: I have a 144 Hz monitor it runs at 120 Hz on the desktop but whenever I open a game it goes to 30 Hz please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-rate/9093fb5f-4bd9-4274-b58a-ae6a30c19a63
  3. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: Hi allI had a question about changing refresh rate on windows 11. I have a lenovo thinkpad if that helps. So I wanted to change the refresh rate to 60Hz and I did but after a few minutes it auto changed to 48 again. It keeps happening and I have no idea how to fix it so can...
  4. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  5. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: So Im Trying To Connect A Display But I Cant Cause My Refresh Rate Is 60.070 Idk What To Do Ive Tried Other Drivers Updating And Uninstalling It But It Just Wont Change To 60Hz Please Help!...
  6. Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Refresh Rate

Refresh Rate: Hey all, Using the three monitor configuration with my WFH surface unit. My computer supports a higher refresh rate than it displays. Do I need to change some particular settings? I have tried all possible settings so far....
  8. Refresh rate

Refresh rate: I always change my refresh rate of monitor to 60hz but everytime i start after shut down or sleep mode it automatically changes to 144hz .Please help. How to permanently change refresh rate to 60hz....
  9. Monitor refresh rate

Monitor refresh rate: Hello community, I have a question regarding the monitor hz. I have a laptop with a 144hz monitor and I want to reduce it to 120hz. But when I go to the monitor settings it shows two options: 144hz and 60hz. Why isn't there a 120hz option and how can I fix it?...
  10. monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor refresh rate: on windows 10, i am having trouble finding the monitor's refresh rate. i get an error message that says it should be 60Hz. 113436