Windows 10: Monitor Resolution Offset

Discus and support Monitor Resolution Offset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I dropped my 2nd monitor moving it and scratched up the right side of it making it hard to see things so I changed the resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Narv1k, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Narv1k Win User

Monitor Resolution Offset

I dropped my 2nd monitor moving it and scratched up the right side of it making it hard to see things so I changed the resolution from 16:9 to 4:3 so it isn't in the way, but when at that resolution the image is centered so some it is still cut off so I was wondering if there is a way to offset the image to the left so that the gash isn't in the way.

:)

Narv1k, Jun 15, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Monitor Resolution Offset

Monitor resolution

Hello again!

Since I sent you the last message I restarted my computer and lo and behold the problem is resolved. The screen is perfect. I am not sure what I did but whatever it was worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

TonyDLloyd, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Monitor Resolution Offset

1. Monitor Resolution Offset - Similar Threads - Monitor Resolution Offset

2. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  3. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  4. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  5. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  6. 7" monitor displaying an offset desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    7" monitor displaying an offset desktop: The screen shows an offset desktop, I wouldn't know why or how to fix it. i tried reinstalling the GC drivers but it didn't work, and that's the only solution I could find around the usual resources. Any idea? There's obviously no image position fix on the monitor's menu, and...
  7. Graphic Monitor Offset cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic Monitor Offset cursor: After updating to Windows 10 my pen crusor is Offset when i work with 2 Monitors. Is there a way to fix this without turning off the second monitor submitted by /u/PumpkinTobi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jx6nk6/graphic_monitor_offset_cursor/
  8. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution: I have a monitor that needs 2560x1440. Windows will not let me do that. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-resolution/915392ba-b1fa-4ee7-8992-b9e49b2c12db
  9. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Resolution: I bought a Dell Inspirion Desktop with an HD graphics card and the PC came with a 32 inch HD Samsung TV. When I first got it I could see things in high definition. For some reason it has reverted to low definition and neither Dell, or Samsung will help. What do I need to...
  10. monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor resolution: HI I was trying to change my resolution from 1050 to 1080 on my monitor I did everything correctly but when I pressed apply to change and finalize my new resolution it switched back to native I am on desktop with a monitor of Dell E228WFP...