Windows 10: Monitor Resolution

Discus and support Monitor Resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a monitor that needs 2560x1440. Windows will not let me do that. Any fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElectroLF, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ElectroLF Win User

Monitor Resolution

I have a monitor that needs 2560x1440.

Windows will not let me do that. Any fixes?

:)

ElectroLF, Jul 20, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Monitor Resolution

Monitor resolution

Hello again!

Since I sent you the last message I restarted my computer and lo and behold the problem is resolved. The screen is perfect. I am not sure what I did but whatever it was worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.

TonyDLloyd, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Resolution

1. Monitor Resolution - Similar Threads - Monitor Resolution

2. How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to keep resolution even when monitor goes to standby: Hi everyone, what to add to registry so resolution of the desktop stays same even when monitor go to sleep mode = windows can't detect it and change resolution of output to 800x600 which causes disorder of icons and allocation of all the windows in the top left corner. I...
  3. One of my 3 monitors is very zoomed in and I cant change the resolution.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my 3 monitors is very zoomed in and I cant change the resolution.: The option to change resolution is greyed out. Its been like this for a couple weeks now, Ive restarted it several times with no luck. I cant download anything that my company doesnt manually allow me to so updating the drivers isnt an option. Does anyone know what I could do...
  4. File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor

File Explorer - Thumbnail Sizes at high resolution/high zoom on large monitor: Hello, I run Windows 10 on my 75" living room TV. My resolution is 3840x2160 at 300% zoom with an NVIDIA GTX 1050ti, HDMI. It looks great with 95% of the apps I use. However, when viewing photo/image thumbnails in the File Explorer they appear very small even if I have...
  5. screen resolution not fitting with monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen resolution not fitting with monitor: i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but i really am in need of help, basically the screen is smaller than the monitor with black borders, i tried to change the resolution from display settings but when when i change to something bigger tha 1600 X 900 the screen turns black...
  6. Laptop - Closing lid disables monitor, extended display resolution changes

Laptop - Closing lid disables monitor, extended display resolution changes: I mainly work on a laptop and have it connected to a monitor at all times. On my extended monitor I usually have Youtube, Netflix, or whatever media platform playing. If I close the lid for whatever reason, the extended monitor's resolution changes, and all my work from my...
  7. Monitor resolution question

Monitor resolution question: Is it possible to change my 1680x1050 monitor to display 1920x1080? I don't want to get a new monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-resolution-question/979b683e-ef52-4f38-83ca-ab45327cae1b
  8. Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turns black screen, monitor shows resolution changes to 1920x1078 and restarts: This started happening like 3 months ago, my pc is I7 870, R9 380 4gb 8gb ram and 400w psu, i dont know whats the cause im asuming its hdd its like whenever i run anything all time 100% and pc is turning on ~6 minutes i changed cpu 5 months ago i dont have good cooler for it...
  9. Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Monitor boots up greyscaled and wrong resolution and is frozen: When I turn on my PC, the sign un screen is greyscaled, the wrong resolution lower than native of 2k and frozen so I cant sign in etc. I have changed my display port cable connection and tried hdmi and the issue remainsi have tried with a different monitor and the issue...
  10. Samsung Launches New High-Resolution 2021 Monitor Lineup

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Launches New High-Resolution 2021 Monitor Lineup: First ‘TUV Intelligent Eye Care’ Certified Displays Offer Life-Like Picture in Convenient Ergonomic Package for Unrivaled Professional Performance [img] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced its new full lineup of 2021 High-Resolution...