Windows 10: Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

Discus and support Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Specs Ryzen 1500x asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard Gtx 1050 2gb Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz secondary: old samsung that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keblius, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Keblius Win User

Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

Specs

Ryzen 1500x

asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard

Gtx 1050 2gb

Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz

secondary: old samsung that i dont know the name of - Vga to hdmi adapter - 60hz 1680 x 1050

So i started having this issue but it has not gotten serious until now. I installed my new monitor and it worked fine for about a couple months. Then i encounter this one issue one day that windows and bios is loading up on my secondary monitor but not my main one. keep in mind i can still use my secondary monitor fully after this, so i shut down the system and unplugged and re plugged both cables and it worked so i left it alone. the issue arrised more frequently so i just did did a bunch of unplugging and it seemed to work every time so i never was really bothered about it until this week. i bought an ssd this week so i had to wipe my windows and start from scratch but when in the middle of the process, my main monitor goes black and it says that there is no signal. I have tried to see whats wrong, i am pretty sure my primary monitor is fine because i tried hdmi and it worked on my primary monitor, also my dvi d cable is fine because sometimes when i restart i still get bios up and running on my primary monitor but as soon as windows loads it disregards my primary monitor and only uses the secondary one. I dont know where to go on from here to try to fix my problem, any suggestions?

:)

Keblius, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 5, 2018
  3. NorMont Win User
    No Monitor signal

I dont have 2 monitors but the main problem is that whenever i turn on my computer the monitor i have just says no signal and i cant do anything

NorMont, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

monitor signal

Hello I turned on my computer and on the hp monitor it displayed no signal and a message popped up saying monitor going to sleep.how do I turn it back to normal?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

pinchesmwas, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

1. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on - Similar Threads - Monitor saying signal

2. Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on.: Left monitor on sleep for an hour or two. Try to move mouse or keyboard in an effort to wake it up, nothing happens. Has happened before so i turn it off and back on, this time my monitor does not light up and stays neutral orange. I change display input, wiggle my mouse...
  3. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitors: Hi, I bought a new computer a few months ago - a pre built msi infinite 9sa-871 - and was experiencing issues with lag after leaving the computer on, which got progressively worse. I'm not the smartest with tech, so I reset to factory settings and it sort of fixes itself, but...
  4. 3rd monitor says no signal....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3rd monitor says no signal....: How could this be. The third monitor says no signal yet when I use Chrome Remote Desktop the 3rd monitor is visible. Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
  5. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...
  6. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  7. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...
  8. Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd
  9. My monitor gets no signal but my computer turns on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My monitor gets no signal but my computer turns on: What could it be? I need help man submitted by /u/Savitar2056 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff3a3d/my_monitor_gets_no_signal_but_my_computer_turns_on/
  10. Updated to windows 10 yesterday - now monitor says "no signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated to windows 10 yesterday - now monitor says "no signal": Hi, Yesterday i updated from windows 7 to windows 10, and everything went smoothly. Today, ive turned on my computer, and im getting a 'no signal' message on my monitor. This has never happened before. Im using a Displayport to Minidisplayport cable, connecting an acer...