Windows 10: Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

Discus and support Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Specs Ryzen 1500x asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard Gtx 1050 2gb Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz secondary: old samsung that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keblius, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Keblius Win User

Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

Specs

Ryzen 1500x

asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard

Gtx 1050 2gb

Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz

secondary: old samsung that i dont know the name of - Vga to hdmi adapter - 60hz 1680 x 1050

So i started having this issue but it has not gotten serious until now. I installed my new monitor and it worked fine for about a couple months. Then i encounter this one issue one day that windows and bios is loading up on my secondary monitor but not my main one. keep in mind i can still use my secondary monitor fully after this, so i shut down the system and unplugged and re plugged both cables and it worked so i left it alone. the issue arrised more frequently so i just did did a bunch of unplugging and it seemed to work every time so i never was really bothered about it until this week. i bought an ssd this week so i had to wipe my windows and start from scratch but when in the middle of the process, my main monitor goes black and it says that there is no signal. I have tried to see whats wrong, i am pretty sure my primary monitor is fine because i tried hdmi and it worked on my primary monitor, also my dvi d cable is fine because sometimes when i restart i still get bios up and running on my primary monitor but as soon as windows loads it disregards my primary monitor and only uses the secondary one. I dont know where to go on from here to try to fix my problem, any suggestions?

:)

Keblius, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 5, 2018
  3. NorMont Win User
    No Monitor signal

I dont have 2 monitors but the main problem is that whenever i turn on my computer the monitor i have just says no signal and i cant do anything

NorMont, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

monitor signal

Hello I turned on my computer and on the hp monitor it displayed no signal and a message popped up saying monitor going to sleep.how do I turn it back to normal?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

pinchesmwas, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

1. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on - Similar Threads - Monitor saying signal

2. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  3. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  4. Monitor no signal when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal when gaming: its been happening almost a week and I have no solution here are the tips i tried- ddu againagain- cleaning the ram sticks- under clocked the gpu- unplugging and plugging vga cable- malwarebytes no issue- editing the power plan- sfc scanwhen i launch the game it just turns...
  5. Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor losing signal when speakers turned off: Hello this is odd, My Monitor looses its signal when the speakers are turned off the speakers are plugged into a mains wall socket and when turn them off, at the socket, the monitor goes blank, if I remove and reconnect the monitor power, all is ok again. wonder how why this...
  6. Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal": I have all the latest Nvidia Drivers I have a GTX 950 and have updated all drivers on my pc. I have reconnected all the cables in the order of the monitors as described by Windows. The cable is going to the mobo. Its VGA to VGA. My other monitors connected to my gpu go HDMI...
  7. Monitors turn off mid use saying no signal but PC continues to run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turn off mid use saying no signal but PC continues to run: randomly when playing games or just using my pc generally my monitors switch off saying no signal even though my PC stays on and i can hear sound still so my PC is still running but i cant get my monitors back on untill i restart my pc...
  8. Monitor Says No signal after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor Says No signal after factory reset: After the reset process and the computer restarts, the monitor would say there is no signal detected and turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-says-no-signal-after-factory-reset/a0b9679a-3ac9-4605-a790-bd70dd34aaef
  9. 3rd monitor says no signal....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3rd monitor says no signal....: How could this be. The third monitor says no signal yet when I use Chrome Remote Desktop the 3rd monitor is visible. Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
  10. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...