Windows 10: Monitor says 'No video input' at windows 10 log in screen.

Discus and support Monitor says 'No video input' at windows 10 log in screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I left my PC alone for a little while and when I came back the resolution was off - it was too large and pushed the task bar etc off screen. I assumed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Donn636, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Donn636 Win User

Monitor says 'No video input' at windows 10 log in screen.

I left my PC alone for a little while and when I came back the resolution was off - it was too large and pushed the task bar etc off screen. I assumed my cat had jumped on the keyboard or something. Normally to fix this I go to my Nvidia graphics card program and change the resolution to something smaller to fit the screen. When I did this the screen went blank and then to 'no video input' as I thought it was confirming and making the change to the settings. I left it for a few minutes and nothing happened. I had to go out and as there was nothing on the screen I turned it off at the power button.

Next day I go to turn on my PC and nothing comes up on my monitor at all only the 'no video input'. Today I took the power cable out and held in the power button for 60 seconds - I did this twice. When I switched it on the PC monitor loaded up the motherboard logo with the boot options etc everything normal. It got to the windows logo screen with the loading circle of dots, that was fine until it tried to load the Windows sign in screen - this didn't appear and instead it came up 'no video input'.

I did the trick of turning it off and on several times to get it to load into safe mode with networking. Which is where I am presently but I don't know what I'm meant to be doing to diagnose the problem now that I have my computer running? No graphics card drivers were updated recently nothing had changed in the last few weeks unless windows 10 was updating things in the background.

:)

Donn636, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Secondry monitor says no input

Hi Michelle,

When 1 and 2 are posted under the Display option, it means that the device is detecting a video input. Concerns related to signal input could be associated with the driver or the hardware component of your device.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Do you see your monitors under Display settings? To check, right-click on the blank area on your desktop and select Display settings.
    • What projection option did you choose for your monitors? To check, press
      Windows key + P on your keyboard.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • How are the monitors connected to your device? Examples of connections are VGA, HDMI, and DVI.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor says 'No video input' at windows 10 log in screen. - Similar Threads - Monitor says 'No

2. windows xp no video input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows xp no video input: whenever i try to logon to my windows xp it says no video input, i tried to change the cable but still the same, i plugged it into another monitor but the screen turns black, i can hear the fan and there is a light on the desktop, but nothing elseany help?thanks...
  3. windows xp no video input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows xp no video input: whenever i try to logon to my windows xp it says no video input, i tried to change the cable but still the same, i plugged it into another monitor but the screen turns black, i can hear the fan and there is a light on the desktop, but nothing elseany help?thanks...
  4. Input not supported on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Input not supported on monitor: I really need help. I just installed new Radeon drivers and software then restarted my PC and now the monitor is just black and says “Input not supported”. I’ve tried to restart the pc again but nothing....
  5. Using a switching-input monitor with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a switching-input monitor with Windows 10: I'm trying to use a switching input monitor to use a PS3 while the same monitor is plugged into my system. Would the OS stop detecting the monitor if I switched to the other input, or would it not detect a change in anything?...
  6. video input 2

video input 2: first of all i need people replying to this post to stay on topic of what im asking!!!!! i need software that can enable usb or hdmi video input on a laptop. I HAVE ALL OF THE UPDATES DONT ASK ABOUT THAT!!!!! STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!...
  7. Video input

Video input: i have come to understand from a couple of my other threads that almost no laptops have video input capability that is why i am asking this question does anyone know any software that can allow video input? i know what your thinking..."oh he's an idiot he thinks that...
  8. Video input software

Video input software: i have come to understand from a couple of my other threads that almost no laptops have video input capability that is why i am asking this question does anyone know any software that can allow video input? i know what your thinking..."oh he's an idiot he thinks that...
  9. Windows 10 Startup Log-In Screen still plays videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup Log-In Screen still plays videos: 2 Things have gotten on my nerves so much about this windows 10, and it's reached the point I ask for help. 1: I can shut my computer down entirely with 20 tabs open, have it off for days, return, and the 20 tabs open right back up. I don't like this feature. When I shut...
  10. Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported": I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving...