Windows 10: Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

Discus and support Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, i've recently reset my pc and then installed windows 11, first day everything was running perfectly apart from some lag when right clicking on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pierre rock, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

So, i've recently reset my pc and then installed windows 11, first day everything was running perfectly apart from some lag when right clicking on an app, the second day same , everything runs perfectly except to a point where i see that i can't launch my file ecplorer and gives me an error, so i than restart the pc to see if it will then work and when doing so i see that there is an update needed so while i'm at it i pressed the "update than restart" button, while doing updating the monitor disconnected still on but no video signal but not the pc , so i than decided to forcefully shutdown t

:)

pierre rock, Dec 2, 2023

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 2, 2023
  3. j7nce Win User
    PC boots up but monitor shows 'no signal' and keyboard not working.

Thanks for your answer, however i have checked all cables and connections and these are fine (work with other pc). Re step 2 - i cannot boot to safe mode as there is no monitor signal so i cannot see anything except a black screen.

how can i boot my PC to safe mode if i cannot see anything?

I can't change the signal resolution either as no monitor!!

j7nce, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

PC boots up but monitor shows 'no signal' and keyboard not working.

'No signal' means that your monitor is not receiving a video signal that it can display. This is usually due to one of the following causes:

1- The cable going from your computer to your monitor is loose. Power off the monitor, re-attach the cable at both end, power on your monitor. (This step is N/A if you have a laptop or an AIO.)

2- The signal your graphics card is sending to your monitor can't be displayed by your monitor. Boot the computer to Safe Mode, choose a low resolution signal, restart your computer normally, switch to the 'Recommended' resolution for your monitor.

To change the signal resolution: Start > Settings > System > Display > Display resolution.

Your problem is not related to your BIOS, unless you made changes to the BIOS yourself.

RottweilerX, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

1. Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Monitor says video

2. Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor says no video signal but my pc is booted and Linked to it Windows 11: So, i've recently reset my pc and then installed windows 11, first day everything was running perfectly apart from some lag when right clicking on an app, the second day same , everything runs perfectly except to a point where i see that i can't launch my file ecplorer and...
  3. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”: I bought a new monitor and I connected it to my pc it was fine and after a day it stopped working and now both of my monitors say “No Signal”.I already tried disconnecting and switching the cables, as well as trying hdmi and Displayport and it doesn’t seem to be fixing...
  4. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”: I bought a new monitor and I connected it to my pc it was fine and after a day it stopped working and now both of my monitors say “No Signal”.I already tried disconnecting and switching the cables, as well as trying hdmi and Displayport and it doesn’t seem to be fixing...
  5. Connected a new monitor to my pc and now both my monitors say “No Signal”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  7. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  8. Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal": I have all the latest Nvidia Drivers I have a GTX 950 and have updated all drivers on my pc. I have reconnected all the cables in the order of the monitors as described by Windows. The cable is going to the mobo. Its VGA to VGA. My other monitors connected to my gpu go HDMI...
  9. 3rd monitor says no signal....

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3rd monitor says no signal....: How could this be. The third monitor says no signal yet when I use Chrome Remote Desktop the 3rd monitor is visible. Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
  10. Monitor says "No signal detected"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor says "No signal detected": So I pressed the windows icon on my keyboard with the "P" button and it showed some display thing. I accidentally pressed something along the lines of " show PC screen only". Now, the monitor goes off and when I switch it on, it says "No signal detected". How do I fix this?...