Windows 10: Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC

Discus and support Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you notice that your monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games in full-screen on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 26, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC

Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC Monitor-screen-dims-goes-dark-when-playing-full-screen-games.jpg
    If you notice that your monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games in full-screen on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming rig, then this post is intended for you. In this post, we will identify the potential causes, as well as the most suitable solutions to the issue. Why does my screen […]

This article Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 26, 2021

2. Screen goes dark while running games

So i was playing a game and talking on skype when my monitor randomly dimmed. It is very dark and hard to see and I would love to get it fixed so I can start playing games again. My settings on monitor have it to full gamma but in my computer settings there
    isn't a slider to adjust my brightness. Before this all was well. I tried other support questions from this site and none seemed to work. Any ideas?

I am running on a desktop with windows 10.

Brightness Issue- Original Title

DarrinSmith3215, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Miles_R Win User
    Screen Dimming While Playing Full-Screen Games - How do I stop this?

So about a month ago, I was playing the game Undertale in full-screen, and I think I accidentally hit some random hotkey that dimmed my screen when any game is in full-screen mode. I've searched everywhere but cannot find a solution to this. I am now playing
    Starcraft 2, and it is also dim when playing in full-screen. When other things like my browser are in full-screen (f11), the screen does not dim.

Can someone please help?

Miles_R, Aug 26, 2021
  4. YihongLiu Win User

Screen auto dims when the backdrop is dark

I have disabled adaptive brightness, as well in my Intel Graphics Control Panel I have disabled display power saving technology. However whenever the backdrop is dark, the screen still dims. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Even when I have the computer
    plugged in the screen dims when there is a dark backdrop.

YihongLiu, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitor screen dims & goes dark when playing full-screen games on PC - Similar Threads - Monitor screen dims

2. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  3. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  4. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  5. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark: It's hard to explain but whenever the majority of the screen is dark the computer dims, this is especially annoying when I'm playing dark games like Carrion or just using steam since the lighting is all messed up and it's actually painful to look at, I've tried searching but...
  6. Screen dims when the majority of the screen is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Fix Screen Dims when playing Games on full screen on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Screen Dims when playing Games on full screen on Windows PC: [ATTACH]While playing your favorite games on Windows 11/10 PC, do your screen dim or get darker? Well, it’s not only you who is annoyed by this issue. At times, when playing games on full screen, the screen may start looking a lot darker or than you need, and you will have...
  8. Screen Dims when in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Dims when in full screen: For the past 3-4 months my screen randomly started dimming when I go fullscreen in various applications. I originally thought it was an Overwatch problem, but it has also happened in zoom whenever someone screenshares. I have tried everything I have found online, messed with...
  9. Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims in full screen of game when plugged in: I have looked for all of the solutions and none of them worked for me. Some i didnt even have the option available. Im using an alienware laptop windows 10. I have looked for adaptive brightness in settings everywhere but it doesnt exist on my machine. Im not sure how to stop...
  10. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...