Windows 10: Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

Discus and support Monitor screen goes black while gaming. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yesterday i built my first gaming pc, and it seems like i've done everything right but when I launch games I get consistent blackscreens, especially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Just1n2802, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

Yesterday i built my first gaming pc, and it seems like i've done everything right but when I launch games I get consistent blackscreens, especially with FreeSync enabled. My specs are:
    Ryzen 5 2600
    ASRock B450m Pro4 mobo

2x8GB G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 (16ms CAS latency)

XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB

Corsair VS550 80+ White 550W power supply.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GPU driver version 19.2.3

I feel like I have tried everything to fix this; I have changed my power plan to not restrict card power, I have undervolted and underclocked my gpu, I have set my RAM settings, I have used DDU to wipe my graphics drivers and then reinstalled; I have made sure that everything is plugged in and seated properly. On a power supply wattage calculator, it said that 450w is what my computer would need at least, so i got a 550W power supply. I'm not sure what to do at this point and I'm at a loss for any ideas on what could be the issue. I would appreciate any help that anyone might be able to provide.

I have also tried swapping cables and monitors by the way.

:)

Just1n2802, Feb 28, 2019

2. Monitor goes Full Black unexpectedly while Gaming

My PC Monitor goes full black while gaming or when I exit a game. It is very unexpected and happens anytime. The monitor goes black as if there is no signal coming from motherboard/ PC. Please help me fix this issue.

Here is an event log when this issue happened - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8B2ZsQfPj-fbG9yZWdodGg0Z0U

arman chandok, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Second Monitor goes black when set as main screen

i am trying to set my second monitor as the main display and whe i do that it goes black. When i set them as CLONE display they are fine but when i try to play a game the second monitor goes black AGAIN.

I am trying to set the second monitor as the main screen to see if i can game on the bigger screen instead but the monitor goes black when i set it as the main screen.

Intel Display drivers are fine. I had no problems with this before... But usually like always, Windows make some updates and now i am having this issue.

I haven't been able to find a solution to this.

Idk if its the resolution but when i set it as CLONE display they both show up fine, until i try to play a game and then goes black again.

powerhousepr, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Monitor screen goes black while gaming.

1. Monitor screen goes black while gaming. - Similar Threads - Monitor screen goes

2. Computer goes black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer goes black screen while gaming: I have been having this issue for the last couple of days, my computer usually works fine and this does not happen frequently, but i have tried multiple methods already and the issue still exists. Sometimes i can play the same game for hours without any issue sometimes it...
  3. Computer goes black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer goes black screen while gaming: I have been having this issue for the last couple of days, my computer usually works fine and this does not happen frequently, but i have tried multiple methods already and the issue still exists. Sometimes i can play the same game for hours without any issue sometimes it...
  4. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  5. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  6. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Monitor Goes Black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Goes Black: Hey, My current setup is an Acer Laptop with windows 10 connected to an acer monitor and an OLD Lenovo MonitorMy laptop to Acer Monitor works perfect. However, my old Lenovo monitor screen is black and immediately goes into power saving mode when connected to my laptopI...
  8. Main monitor goes black only while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main monitor goes black only while gaming: Hello so this has been going on for a little while now. My problem is my main monitor goes black for 2-3 seconds while playing a game and comes back. It is not showing the monitor turning off its like it losses signal for a second or two. I run a 3 monitor system. All cords...
  9. Monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes black: My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account. Is this a computer...
  10. monitor is blinking and screen goes black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor is blinking and screen goes black: I got a weird issue a few days ago. I booted my computer, and my monitor was black. Everything was connected. I took the graphics card out and connected it again. The monitor then blinks, you can see the desktop for about one second, then the screen goes black, then it shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen while gaming

2. computer black screen while gaming

3. black screen on monitor while gaming

4. screen goes black while gaming,
  5. screen goes black when gaming,
  6. screen going black while gaming,
  7. monitor black screen while gaming,
  8. monitor goes black while gaming