Windows 10: Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

Discus and support Monitor settings constantly reverting to default in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HenryHHujfc, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up by "extend desktop to this display." No problem there. My issues start to arise after that with one or both external screens turning off and back on randomly for about 10 seconds while actively using the computer. Additionally, all of the display settings reset every time the laptop screen saver starts, computer lock

:)

HenryHHujfc, Feb 3, 2022
  2. FAXA Win User

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

FAXA, Feb 3, 2022
  3. Setting a default monitor

I have a new monitor, because my laptop monitor is broken. I am trying to increase the resolution of the seperate monitor to 1080p and the reftresh rate to 144hz. The problem is there is no such option in the settings. I searched online and i found that
    to change the display setttings the monitor has to be the default one. I tried doing that but in the display settings, unlike in the tutorials online, the squares representing each display were not seperated. They were one square with 1 on the left, a straight
    line in the middle and a 2 on the right. I think that is why i dont have a "Set to default" option. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. I would be very grateful.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings.

HristoPetrov1, Feb 3, 2022
  4. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

Unable to set monitor as default display in Windows 10.

Original Title: Monitor settings

My monitor is set as the default setting but when I reopen the laptop it displays on the PC screen. Any suggestions on how to keep the setting?

zygote1331, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

1. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default - Similar Threads - Monitor settings constantly

2. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  3. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  4. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  6. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  7. Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?: I messed up with some settings on my windows 10 pc but I can't remember which ones and I would like to know if it is possible to revert back ALL my settings to default but without deleting any files or programs thank you! submitted by /u/Bloodydamage [link] [comments]...
  8. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  9. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207