Windows 10: Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor

Discus and support Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My monitor is an old model, Dell s2009w with only VGA port and my laptop is on Windows 10 Home with only Type C as display port no HDMI and VGA.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chongjiawei, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor

Hello, My monitor is an old model, Dell s2009w with only VGA port and my laptop is on Windows 10 Home with only Type C as display port no HDMI and VGA. I bought an unbranded adapter that connect type C and VGA. As per subject above, Windows detected an external monitor being connected and i can switch between duplicated/extended screen etc. However, there is always nothing in my monitor and just show : No signal coming from your computer. As my laptop can detect the monitor being plugged in, i guess the adapter is fine and the problem lies elsewhere. I have checked and all drivers are up to

:)

chongjiawei, Sep 8, 2021

2. Vga monitor connected to my laptop via a hmdi port

Hello Andrew,

The VGA connector is a video connection for sending analog video signals to the monitor or TV. Unless you are planning to connect to a special monitor, such as a plasma or LCD TV that has a DVI connector, connect your Primary monitor using
    the VGA connector.

The HDMI connector is a digital connection type for transferring high-definition digital video signals AND audio signals. When used with a compatible monitor or television, HDMI has the capability of carrying true high-definition video and
    audio as well HDCP protected content. If your computer has HDMI audio, it should be set as the default audio device in Windows audio properties (available from Windows Control Panel). The monitor or TV with HDMI must have speakers to hear audio.

We suggest you try the steps below and check if this works.

• Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the screen. You can either mirror content of your computer or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Check the "External Inputs" of your monitor menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the laptop before turning on as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Let us know with the outcome.

Haidae Tam, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Blondehh Win User
    VGA port to monitor

My computer already runs one display via HDMI, as for the second display im using a VGA but it shows no signal. This is windows 10, with an element monitor. Even after i click to detect it it doesn't show up and ive ran through the forums for combination
    keys and refreshes and everything. It has an nvidia gtx 1050i.

Blondehh, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor

1. Monitor show no signal VGA from my laptop TYPE C display but Windows detected the monitor - Similar Threads - Monitor show signal

2. Laptop not projecting signal / detecting additional monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not projecting signal / detecting additional monitors: My laptop previously connected no problem to an external monitor via HDMI. Now, the monitor displays "no signal from HDMI" when connected, and my laptop does not "detect" an external monitor. I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:Rebootreplaced HDMIUsed different...
  3. Monitor detected and no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  4. Monitor detected and no signal

Monitor detected and no signal: Hi , I bought a new Monitor , i have msi laptop gf63 thin 9RCX the windows detected it but no signal , i tried 3 differents HDMI CABLES ,i tried with upgrading to windows 11I tried to Update the drivers / reinstall / unistall , I tried the bios method but my bios doesn't have...
  5. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  6. Monitors showing no signal

Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  7. VGA Monitor not getting signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VGA Monitor not getting signal: Hello, I'm strictly in need of 2 monitors setup. But there's one problem that stops me from it. I have an old VGA Asus 1400x900 monitor which I would like to use. When I plug it in to my windows 10 laptop, there's no signal going. I tried with an older laptop which is a...
  8. Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third monitor detected but monitor says "No Signal": I have all the latest Nvidia Drivers I have a GTX 950 and have updated all drivers on my pc. I have reconnected all the cables in the order of the monitors as described by Windows. The cable is going to the mobo. Its VGA to VGA. My other monitors connected to my gpu go HDMI...
  9. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  10. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...