Windows 10: Monitor showing up as audio endpoint

Discus and support Monitor showing up as audio endpoint in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dell 2013 monitor is showing up as an audio endpoint. I don't know why this is happening. If this is any help the dell monitor is hooked up via hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Foge100, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Foge100 Win User

Monitor showing up as audio endpoint

My dell 2013 monitor is showing up as an audio endpoint. I don't know why this is happening. If this is any help the dell monitor is hooked up via hdmi cable.

:)

Foge100, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Services

• Additional memory cards were installed over Memorial Day weekend 2019.
    • Audio Icon on taskbar shows red circle with X
    • Speakers work.
    • Rt Click on Start; Device Manager; sound card; Driver Tab; Update Driver.
    • Audio Icon still shows red circle with X.
    • Left click Audio Icon; go thru the trouble shooting instructions; "Both Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for Audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running."
    • Select DETECTION DETAILS.
    • Audio Endpoint: Render.
    • Installed Audio Devices: This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices. Registry log.txt.
    • Then it wants me to do something with Explorer, but I use Edge.
    Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Denice J. Meyers, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows Audio and Windows Audio endpoint Builder stop after Lock or Sleep

Hi Larry,

This issue may occur if the service is started by the Local System account instead of by the Local Service account (NT AUTHORITY\LocalService). The
    Local System account may have insufficient permissions to start the service. For the
    Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services, follow the steps below:

• Set the service and any dependent services to run under the NT AUTHORITY\LocalService account.
    • Click Start, type "Services.msc” in the
      Search programs and files
      box, and then press ENTER.
    • Locate and double click the Windows Audio service.
    • Click the Log On tab.
    • In the This account text box, type “NT AUTHORITY\LocalService”.
    • Set both Password fields blank.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    • Repeat these steps for the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service.
    • Restart both services.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Monitor showing up as audio endpoint

No sound - windows audio and audio end point builder not running/installed

I have the same issue, and applied your suggestion to check he running services.

Windows Audio runs well.

But Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is not existing in the list of services.

How Windows Audio EndPoint Builder service can be installed?

Thank you !

FrançoisVillon, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Monitor showing up as audio endpoint

1. Monitor showing up as audio endpoint - Similar Threads - Monitor showing audio

2. 4th monitor not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4th monitor not showing up: im using a Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P53 with NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000 display adapter and for some reason 4th monitor is not showing up/blank. on the display properties i can see all 5 displays including laptop's display but cannot re-arrange...
  3. 4th monitor not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4th monitor not showing up: im using a Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P53 with NVIDIA Quadro RTX4000 display adapter and for some reason 4th monitor is not showing up/blank. on the display properties i can see all 5 displays including laptop's display but cannot re-arrange...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  5. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  6. Internal monitor speakers showing up as audio device but not an audio output option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal monitor speakers showing up as audio device but not an audio output option: I am using a new Dell XPS 15 laptop Windows 11 connected via USB-C to a Dell 4K monitor via a Thunderbolt Dock. I'm keeping the laptop closed and using only the external monitor. However, I cannot play audio through the monitor's integrated speakers. When I go to sound...
  7. Internal monitor speakers showing up as audio device but not an audio output option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal monitor speakers showing up as audio device but not an audio output option: I am using a new Dell XPS 15 laptop Windows 11 connected via USB-C to a Dell 4K monitor via a Thunderbolt Dock. I'm keeping the laptop closed and using only the external monitor. However, I cannot play audio through the monitor's integrated speakers. When I go to sound...
  8. My HP 32" monitor shows up as an audio device but there are no audio ports?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My HP 32" monitor shows up as an audio device but there are no audio ports?: When I plug in my HP 32 monitor via HDMI, it shows up as an audio device under Settings>Bluetooth & other devices>Audio. Yet there are no speakers or audio inputs on the monitor itself. It only does this one one computer, but the other computer it doesn't show up as an audio...
  9. Windows Audio Endpoint Not Starting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Endpoint Not Starting: I am unsure what happened. From my perspective I use Flashback Express regularly to make screen shot video with commentary. This morning I went to flashback to record and thought I would check the audio as I forgot to test going in. I found sound not playing back. I...
  10. Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder: Hello So i have a problem with my laptop the audio does not work, I found that I am missing a service called Windows Audio Endpoint Builder how do i get it back i tried updating various drivers and what not [ATTACH]...