Windows 10: Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

Discus and support Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I got a kinda weird problem. I have been using this desktop computer for more than 2 years without issue. It came preinstalled with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AyalewGetachew, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

Hello everyone,

I got a kinda weird problem. I have been using this desktop computer for more than 2 years without issue. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 home. Recently, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from windows 10 home. The upgrade went well until the screen showed "no signal" upon restart. I have unplugged everything including the computerof course after switching it off . I replaced the monitor and the cable with other new monitor and HDMI cable. When start it worked correctly. I then restarted. It worked. I wanted to be sure and hence restarted then there was black screen with no signal. After unplugging again and starting I have I lock the computer with Windows + L and checked the next day. When I try to unlock again, it showed no signal.

What I did:

1. Disabled fast restart

2. Interchanged two monitors and cables

3. Uninstalled the graphic card driver and scan for driver change then reinstalled it

4. Unplug and plug back the graphic card

The same issue. I can't be sure if it works when it restarts again.

My graphic card is

AMD Radion HD 7400M series.

I restarted many times. On the first two restarts, it works fine but on the third or the fourth restart, that is where it shows no signal. It is simply unpredictable behavior.

:)

AyalewGetachew, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2020
  4. khsu Win User

Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

My PC connects to 2 monitors. The first one is HP LP2465, and the second one is the Wacom Cintiq 21UX (2010, this monitor is also a tablet). It has been working well after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. A couple of weeks ago I suddenly lost the Cintiq.

When I restart the computer, I can see the BIOS screen, then see the windows logo on both screens, then the first monitor would just show login screen and the second monitor would report no signal.

I updated my Windows, also downloaded the latest driver for my Radeon HD 6570. When I right clicked on the desktop and chose "Display" it shows only 1 monitor. I have been searching the internet and tried various suggestions but nothing works. The computer
    can't seem to detect the second monitor at all.

Please help.

Original title: Lost Second Monitor After Windows 10 Update

khsu, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

1. Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade - Similar Threads - Monitor shows signal

2. Monitor showing no signal after safe bot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor showing no signal after safe bot: I was rebooting my pc after installing a game update, valorant, and I must've accidently booted into safe mode by holding shift or something as now it will not load up anything on my monitor. I have tried using on board graphics, fiddling with my ram, removing gpu, resetting...
  3. Monitor showing no signal after safe bot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor showing no signal after safe bot: I was rebooting my pc after installing a game update, valorant, and I must've accidently booted into safe mode by holding shift or something as now it will not load up anything on my monitor. I have tried using on board graphics, fiddling with my ram, removing gpu, resetting...
  4. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  5. Monitors showing no signal

Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  6. Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep: Hi folks! I've been having issues for years since I upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro with random BSOD, and more recently in the last six months or so with always fail to install windows upgrades. With the recent major zero day exploit released I saw on the news I buckled...
  7. AVerTV3D No signal after Windows 10 upgrade.

AVerTV3D No signal after Windows 10 upgrade.: I have an AVerMedia Volar Green TV Tuner and it worked perfectly fine on windows 7 but today I updated to windows 10 and it comes up as "No Signal" and when I rescan the channels nothing comes up. The hardware is fine as it worked fine today when my rig was on Windows 7 so...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal: Hello all! I upgraded my pc (Gateway SX2110 slim desktop) from Windows 8 to 10 last night. Downloaded from MS site, seemed to install fine. Pc rebooted after 10 setup screen (Language, keyboard layout). I keep getting "no monitor signal". Fans are spinning, i can hear drive...
  9. No signal error after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal error after windows 10 upgrade: I have a laptop with a cracked screen, so I connect it to a tv via HDMI. It was running windows 10 and I had too much stuff installed on it so I did a factory reset. What this did is reset it to Windows 8 (or 8.1, not sure), the way my laptop came. I then updated it to...
  10. No Signal after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Signal after Windows 10 Upgrade: I got a K55n-HA8123K laptop for christmas a couple years back. I updated it to Windows 10 a couple months ago and it worked fine. I just had too much junk, so I factory reset. This took me back to Windows 8, so I updated to Windows 10 again. Ever since I used the update tool,...