Windows 10: Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on.

Discus and support Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Left monitor on sleep for an hour or two. Try to move mouse or keyboard in an effort to wake it up, nothing happens. Has happened before so i turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Oscar_oh, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Oscar_oh Win User

Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on.

Left monitor on sleep for an hour or two. Try to move mouse or keyboard in an effort to wake it up, nothing happens.

Has happened before so i turn it off and back on, this time my monitor does not light up and stays neutral orange.

I change display input, wiggle my mouse and press a few keys nothing happens. So i restart again, same occurs.

I try everything from a new monitor, different displayport cable, to an hdmi cable and a dvi lead, all while restarting and waiting.

My reset button has also decided to not work but thats besides the point.

The red backlit keyboard starts to go in wave patterns and sometimes only displays lights on all keys except the alphabet.

I power off everything and re-seat RAM and gpu lightly cleaning the sockets. Nothing changes.

I proceed to take out the motherboard battery and wait a while in an attempt to reset bios setting nothing happens, same as before.

Then i leave the computer fully off for a couple hours and the same problem still persists.

For some reason i still think it is in some kind of sleep mode when i turn it on.

:)

Oscar_oh, Oct 17, 2020

2. monitor has no signal

all of a sudden a blue screen just appear and saying its shuting down my
    computer due to some error and after that i try to switch it on
    but my monitor shows no signal, can any of you knows what is the
    problem here? please help.

evilwillie0614, Oct 17, 2020
  3. NorMont Win User
    No Monitor signal

I dont have 2 monitors but the main problem is that whenever i turn on my computer the monitor i have just says no signal and i cant do anything

NorMont, Oct 17, 2020
  4. batlhilz Win User

Screens automatically turning off when no signal detected

i think its the "hotplug" detection doing that, as in your computer powers off your GPU, the signal aint up anymore and hence the monitor gets sleep. try to see from manufacturers site if theres chance to turn that off. (i wouldnt suggest it, as its PITA to open and close the monitor via manual button each time after that)

batlhilz, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor shows no signal although computer appears to turn on. - Similar Threads - Monitor shows signal

2. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  3. Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on laptop but external monitor no signal: I trying to see if there is a possible fix, I use a type c to displayport cable to my external monitor and when I on my laptop the external monitor have no signal only when I unplug and plug back in the type c cable then there is a signal. I have tried off and on my external...
  4. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  5. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  6. computer is not communicating with monitor although there is power to both.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is not communicating with monitor although there is power to both.: My computer has stopped communicating with my monitor after 6 years Thus I have no way of interacting with machine at all. There is power to both computer and monitor but the machine does not boot up. Any ideas ??...
  7. Problem with monitor/display turned on HDR,no signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with monitor/display turned on HDR,no signal: I accidentally turned on HDR in my display settings and as a result my screen on my acer monitor turned black and said no signal. Since this problem occurred I have tried to recover my display by uninstalling my graphics drivers, disabling them, and using another monitor...
  8. Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.

Desktop turns on. No Signal to Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard.: This has happened three times now. But once hard booted it turns on with no issues. Is it possible that the power strip the desktop is plugged into is not giving the PC enough power to fully boot? It is an old power bar. I ask this because I had the same issue with my Xbox...
  9. My monitor gets no signal but my computer turns on

My monitor gets no signal but my computer turns on: What could it be? I need help man submitted by /u/Savitar2056 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ff3a3d/my_monitor_gets_no_signal_but_my_computer_turns_on/
  10. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on: Specs Ryzen 1500x asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard Gtx 1050 2gb Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz secondary: old samsung that i dont know the name of - Vga to hdmi adapter - 60hz 1680 x 1050 So i started having this issue but it has not gotten...