Windows 10: Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

Discus and support Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So Ive had this issue for a while. I have been watching videos on youtube only to then have my monitor completely shut off, i still hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshuaGrosso, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

Hi,

So Ive had this issue for a while. I have been watching videos on youtube only to then have my monitor completely shut off, i still hear the sounds playing then it comes back after a few seconds. I was lucky enough to get a 3080 and when i first got it i had this on going issue. I RMA'd the first time i it because I was afraid it was a gpu problem. While i waited for my 3080 to come back i was using a 1060 and while checking my reliability history i saw that i continued having a notification about a hardware error with windows it should be noted i never had the screen go black for me while i watched videos on that. It looks like this:

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffc38d0cdcf460
    Parameter 2: fffff800812bc188
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 4
    OS version: 10_0_19041
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere
    Server information: ede646f7-6ea5-4203-8c04-c9b35b80b174

I returned the gpu got a new one. As soon as i started using it my screen went black watching youtube after id say 15 min. Before hand i was on netflix watching a show for an hour with no problem. Its never happened in a game. Ive seen it may be my motherboard or power supply which sucks but idk. I am also really hoping its not my gpu since ive already returned it and got a new one. Ive also made sure to install the latest drivers of everything and update windows as well as completely reboot my entire system. Im sure ive forgotten more details so im sorry but im new at this. Here are my specs:

Monitor: LG 27850 B

Cpu: i9-9900k

gpu: 3080 FE

Motherboard: gyg Aorus pro wifi

PSU: Corsair rmx 1000w

RAM: G skill trident 16g

:)

JoshuaGrosso, Nov 3, 2020

2. My Pc Shuts down randomly

My PC has the windows 10 software and some times it randomly shuts down.
    Usually My computer shuts down when i am using a lot of internet power which is cordless internet. Is this just because it is cordless internet or is my CPU just over heating. My computer also shuts down when i am playing Minecraft on a sever and watching YouTube at the same time.

user888298, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Computer Shuts Down when Watching YouTube

My PC shuts down when watching YouTube. CPU: Intel Core 2 E7500, RAM: 4.00GB, GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset, PSU: 450W.

I have updated all of my drivers.

UmidjonAbdugafforov, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

Watching Youtube or Twitch randomly disables sound and access to Start Menu, Cortana

I recently installed Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have encountered a problem where the sound randomly shuts off when watching Youtube or twitch.tv videos or streams.

After the sound shuts off (with no indication other than the abrupt lack of sound), it seems impossible to re-enable it, and Device Manager shows sound drivers updated and working just fine. The lack of sound is not just for Youtube or Twitch, but rather
    for all apps (even default windows sounds were missing.

In conjunction with this, some default icons on the taskbar (Start Menu, Cortana, Wireless Status, Volume Control) cannot be left+clicked.

Sometimes the sound would randomly start up again, but accessibility to the taskbar icons are not restored, and loss of sound continues to happen randomly after.

My question is: Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what might be the cause, and what fixes are available?

EDIT: The problem goes away when restarting Windows, but it's more of a stopgap measure. I would like to know the root cause of the problem and how to fix it permanently.

WompWomp89, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube

1. Monitor shuts off randomly while watching Youtube - Similar Threads - Monitor shuts off

2. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  3. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  4. Random black screen while watching YouTube

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen while watching YouTube: Hello. I was watching LTT Linus tech tips and out of nowhere, a random black color took over my screen. Audio was still playing, but any button presses and mouse clicks didn't work. I held my power button for about 15 seconds woah, too long... I've had this before with RAM...
  5. BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching YouTube on Chrome.: For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting a blue screen crash any time I watch YouTube videos on Google Chrome. The blue screens range from Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to Memory Management. I've tried updating my drivers, updating my OS, doing a DISM check and repair,...
  6. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  8. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...
  9. Blue Screen Randomly while idle-ly watching youtube

Blue Screen Randomly while idle-ly watching youtube: very first occourence for me personally. in all my years of owning this PC 6 years to be exact its never bluescreened. anyways quick run down. was pretty much just watching youtube and that was it. audio and everything became unresponsive. i know that cause the audio was...
  10. Random BSOD while watching Youtube video

Random BSOD while watching Youtube video: Was watching a Youtube video when suddenly I got this BSOD called UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION Thanks in advance! 32640