Windows 10: monitor shuts off

Discus and support monitor shuts off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dtore, Apr 16, 2017.

1. dtore Win User

monitor shuts off

I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on it. He finally got it home. But when he goes to install drivers for two different wifi adapters the monitor goes off but the brain stays on. It does this with and without ethernet cable attached. My other son downloaded and installed steam on it for him and nothing bad happened. Just the plug and play. Is it something with the windows 10 installation? Or does he need a new monitor on top of all this?

tried different monitor, tried downloading skyppe, did same thing. Knew monitor not compatible was long shot. Has anyone had this happen? Is this the black screen that everyone gets?

:)

dtore, Apr 16, 2017
  2. wvigotty Win User

when monitor goes to sleep all notifcation and sounds cease

This started with the fall creators update on my desktop PC. I have my power settings for computer to never sleep and monitor to shut off after 10 minutes. But after my monitor shuts off all email and email sounds cease to happen. When I move my mouse
    and wake up my monitor the emails that should have come in while the monitor was off come in. It's as if my computer is sleeping or hard drive is sleeping when my monitor shuts off. I cant figure out how to fix this.

wvigotty, Apr 16, 2017
  3. EdOrr Win User
    windows 10 shuts off with no warning

I have a Dell XPS laptop and my drivers are current. Music shuts off when minimized or when the monitor shuts off.

EdOrr, Apr 16, 2017
  4. monitor shuts off

Hi dtore.

How is the monitor connected?

When you say wireless adapters, two of them, are these cards plugged into expansion slots or are these USB connected?

Since you are now on Windows 10 did your son download the appropriate drivers from the vendors and have you reference site to see if there are identified issues with 10.

Not sure what you mean when you say "But when he goes to install drivers for two different wifi adapters the monitor goes off but the brain stays on."?

Also not sure how Steam plays into problem. Does it work if all networks connections are disabled?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 16, 2017
  5. dtore Win User
    He had windows 10 installed by vendor, why would he have to install drivers? shouldn't they do that if they installed it? He has been in touch with microsoft help desk, they even don't know why the monitor shuts down. We are thinking they didn't install drivers right or is windows 10 itself. He is taking back to vendor tonight, has a 90 warrenty on their work. They were having black screen issues when they were fixing it, I think they gave up and sent it home. He may try to have it put back to windows 7. I am not a fan of putting 10 on old devices that microsoft said was compatible. It killed a hard drive on pc, I had it put back to windows 7. and killed a lap top that I had to replace since it would have cost more to fix. Yet, microsoft said this was not castrophic . To me, dishing out $500 dollars for something free is castrophic.
    The adapters were 2 different brands that he tried, thinking his first one wasn't compatible with windows 10, and they are usb plug and play. His monitor is plugged into brain using the same ol cord that has always been used. Sorry I really am not that techy savy. I fake it. The steam was he wanted to see if something would download and install. The monitor shut off just sitting last night not doing anything. Will let forums know if this is resolved by vendor. May take a few days. This is the second week

dtore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

monitor shuts off

1. monitor shuts off - Similar Threads - monitor shuts off

2. My monitor keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor keeps randomly shutting off: Hi there, I have a Lenovo ideacentre gaming 5i computer. windows 11 It's been working like a dream until recently, where when I try to use it, it simply doesn't work. I would log in, and then a couple seconds later my monitor will go black and the fan on the computer will...
  3. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  4. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  5. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  7. after install, monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after install, monitor shuts off: I went to upgrade my wife's computer from win 7 to win 10. It completed the install and when it got to the circling dots and saying getting ready, the monitor shuts off. I can't get past that. I took the HDD out of my desktop and put hers in and formatted her drive and...
  8. Remotely Shut Monitor Off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remotely Shut Monitor Off?: I access my Home-PC from work using my laptop. Though I let my nephews use it to play games while I'm gone. I would like to try and figure out how I can remotely access my PC and "disconnect" the monitor of sorts while I use it so that the kids do not interfere with it while...
  9. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....
  10. Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off: I started having this issue about two weeks ago. Their have been a slew of updates from Windows 10 and from my GPU. When an application is Maximized, it causes my monitor to sometimes go to sleep. It is not 100% of the time, it is about 70-80% of the time. Chrome causes it...