Windows 10: Monitor sound issue

Discus and support Monitor sound issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m using an AOC monitor with two speakers, connected to my pc via HDMI. The monitor won’t play sound but sound will play through my headphones when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JGazeley, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Monitor sound issue

I’m using an AOC monitor with two speakers, connected to my pc via HDMI. The monitor won’t play sound but sound will play through my headphones when plugged into the pc. The monitor looks like it’s enabled and when I turn the volume up and down it shows the monitor speakers as being changed in volume. Also in the sound settings it shows the monitor as playing sound.

submitted by /u/JGazeley
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JGazeley, Mar 14, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor sound issue [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Monitor sound issue :p

cadaveca, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Monitor sound issue

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Monitor sound issue

1. Monitor sound issue - Similar Threads - Monitor sound issue

2. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking: I have this problem on several computers here and it is an ongoing nightmare.I have had this problem since first install and as such it is not a driver or application or virus issue, it is a device handling issue on microsoft's part, and I state this for the following reason,...
  3. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking: I have this problem on several computers here and it is an ongoing nightmare.I have had this problem since first install and as such it is not a driver or application or virus issue, it is a device handling issue on microsoft's part, and I state this for the following reason,...
  4. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound with monitor's speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound with monitor's speakers: how can i play music on both lg monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-with-monitors-speakers/85a3c4f7-d1d6-4034-ba46-b2805d2c40f3
  6. monitor sound is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor sound is not working: Hi, I have Surface Pro 7 and I have monitor with speakers, I have connected the monitor to Surface Doc 2 via USB-C to HDMI cable and the sound on the monitor is not working, I try to connect directly to Surface Pro 7 without the docking station but still no sound, I try...
  7. Monitor Sound

Monitor Sound: My monitor cannot connect to RPC service. What to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sound/03791502-8b1b-463d-a098-871adfabba22
  8. Dual Monitor Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor Sound Issue: Good morning everyone, i have this issue i have been dealing with for about 2 weeks and its driving me crazy, i have a dual 4K monitor set up. The second monitor is the one on my right and its also hooked up to my PS4 and XBOX, so i would like my primary source of sound to...
  9. HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI/Second Monitor/Sound Issues: Recently on two different computers, I've attempted to connect a second monitor with HDMI and runi into major problems. On one computer, I was able to get a picture but no sound. On the second computer, I got nothing. No picture, no sound, no connection at all. I've...
  10. Sound from monitors

Sound from monitors: Hi! A while back, I pressed a key on my keyboard and held it for a really long time by accident. This seemed to have removed the sound from coming through my monitors. I've re-installed updated drivers, I've explored the Accessibility tools/functions. I can "see" the...