Windows 10: Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update

Discus and support Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Hanns G HT225HPB monitor connected to my computer over a DisplayPort cable. Previously, I could set the monitor's loudspeaker as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amundsen, Nov 5, 2019.

1. amundsen Win User

Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update

Hello,

I have a Hanns G HT225HPB monitor connected to my computer over a DisplayPort cable. Previously, I could set the monitor's loudspeaker as audio output. Since latest Windows update (W10 Pro 1903 - 18362.418) this output doesn't appear any more in the list of audio outputs. How can I solve this?

Thank you for helping.

:)

amundsen, Nov 5, 2019

2. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2)

I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing.

Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled surround but it doesnt work

Pc specs : ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-6G-GAMING

Intel i5-9600k

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

UncleDemonTTV, Nov 5, 2019
  3. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Monitor sound output

2. No sound. output device not found and Windows audio endpoint not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound. output device not found and Windows audio endpoint not running.: After my girlfriend bought a new cheap monitor I set it up running it through HDMI and extending the displays. I didn't test the sound, everything was working fine, last night before I left. She asked about still using the laptop by itself. I said just pulled out the HDMI...
  3. No sound. output device not found and Windows audio endpoint not running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound. output device not found and Windows audio endpoint not running.: After my girlfriend bought a new cheap monitor I set it up running it through HDMI and extending the displays. I didn't test the sound, everything was working fine, last night before I left. She asked about still using the laptop by itself. I said just pulled out the HDMI...
  4. No sound. output device not found and Windows audio endpoint not running.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  6. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound -- No Output Devices Found: Inspite of my sound/video card being shown in Device Manager, I get a No Output Devices Found error in System Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-output-devices-found/a6981e4d-8a3b-43de-849f-40b94aba990e
  7. Sound -- No Output Devices Found

8. Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...

Latest Windows Update broke my audio. Sound settings and driver outputs 5.1 sound fine,...: Hello, I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 and now none of my programs are outputting any sound to any of my 5.1 speakers other than the stereo left and right. My rear speakers and subwoofer are silent in all programs. This is especially odd considering that in...
  9. no sound since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  10. Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update: I have a three monitor set up. At start up i have multiple programs opening. Before the latest update they all opened up on the correct monitor. Since the update they all open on the primary monitor. I have tried moving to the correct monitor, closing and then reopening...