Windows 10: Monitor sound wont turn off

Discus and support Monitor sound wont turn off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just recently got a new monitor that has built in speakers. i use them when im not in calls or just playing casual. but when im in my sound settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigOOGA420897, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Monitor sound wont turn off

I just recently got a new monitor that has built in speakers. i use them when im not in calls or just playing casual. but when im in my sound settings and i make Realtek Speakers (the device ive always used) the monitor still has volume. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/BigOOGA420897
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigOOGA420897, Dec 19, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor sound wont turn off [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 19, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Monitor sound wont turn off :p

cadaveca, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Monitor sound wont turn off

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Monitor sound wont turn off

1. Monitor sound wont turn off - Similar Threads - Monitor sound wont

2. Monitor wont turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor wont turn on: I turned off my monitor last night because the light was keeping me up and this morning when I turn the power on the power light will flash but the monitor does not start up. It was working fine and I havent had any issues. Could the monitor burn out simply by turning it off?...
  3. Monitor wont turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor wont turn on: I turned off my monitor last night because the light was keeping me up and this morning when I turn the power on the power light will flash but the monitor does not start up. It was working fine and I havent had any issues. Could the monitor burn out simply by turning it off?...
  4. Monitor wont turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  6. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  7. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...