Windows 10: monitor speaker not recognised by laptop after win10 May update

Discus and support monitor speaker not recognised by laptop after win10 May update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using dell inspiron 14 7460 along with AOC G2590PX as my external monitor, connecting through HDMI Just right after I update to windows May... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonPong, May 17, 2019.

1. JasonPong Win User

monitor speaker not recognised by laptop after win10 May update

I am using dell inspiron 14 7460 along with AOC G2590PX as my external monitor, connecting through HDMI

Just right after I update to windows May cumulative update ver 1903 build 18362.113, my monitor speaker isn't recognised by my laptop anymore. Even the headphone jack on the monitor isn't working. The monitor is displaying fine though.

Right now only the laptop build in speaker is working.

Before the update, everything is working fine so there's definitely not any hardware failure

I tried:

rebooting

unplug my monitor

refresh sound drivers

reinstall Nvidia graphics driver

install driver from AOC

Plz help >_<, I am nearly crying right now

:)

JasonPong, May 17, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 17, 2019
  3. Czwotzit Win User
    latest win10 update doesn't recognise my two monitors

I have been running win 10 64bit successfully with two monitors for a long time up until this latest update (june 2017). Now win10 doesn't recognise either monitor and will only run one of them as a generic pnp monitor. I have the NVidia m4000 graphics
    card and a EIZO cg277 with a NEC 271W-BK monitors. I have updated the graphics driver and tried various suggestions posted on the web but neither monitor is being seen in device manager. the only option I feel I have is to try and restore my system to before
    this last update (if possible) and ignore all windows updates in future. Any constructive help will be gratefully received.

Czwotzit, May 17, 2019
  4. silkmaze Win User

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away.

I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was wondering if I could setup that audio, be it music, gaming audio or movie audio could be played through BOTH sets of speakers.

The main T40's are on either side of the monitor and I have the bluetooth speaker behind me on a shelf. That would, kind-of, give me surround sound. Or when I have people over I could get better sound if I could just move the bluetooth speaker to a different part of the room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you.

silkmaze, May 17, 2019
Thema:

1. monitor speaker not recognised by laptop after win10 May update - Similar Threads - monitor speaker recognised

2. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  3. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone recognised as speakers: so the thing is that i connected my wired earphones to my windows 10 laptop and it recognises my earphone as speaker. so whenever i plug my earphones and play a video, no sound is coming from the earphones but its coming from the speakers of my laptop. i just wanna watch...
  4. headphone recognised as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop doesn't recognise monitor audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop doesn't recognise monitor audio: Under output devices I used to be able to select my monitor and directly plug in my headphones into my monitor. After factory resetting my computer, that option does not appear anymore. Does anyone know a fix. submitted by /u/lordSKULLcRuShr [link] [comments]...
  6. DVI monitors not recognised after recent Windows updates

DVI monitors not recognised after recent Windows updates: The issue is that a laptop with an HDMI port fails to recognise a Dell monitor connected via either an HDMI/DVI cable or an HDMI/HDMI cable plus HDMI/DVI adapter. This has worked for over a year but recent Windows updates seem to have broken this and now only monitors...
  7. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

Laptop no longer recognising external monitors: Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor a Dell but having returned from holiday and started a new job, I cannot connect to any monitors in the new office, either via...
  8. Headphones recognised as speakers

Headphones recognised as speakers: So headphones recognised as speakers and I cant control volume its either 0 or 100, I have tried reinstalling drivers and etc. nothing worked, hope anyone can help......
  9. May Update Broken Speakers

May Update Broken Speakers: so i have a set of Cyber Acoustic Speakers and they dont supply drivers as they are fairly Plug n Play friendly ... umm they worked before i updated my computer with the May Update ... now they will not function (and before you get all IT on me ... yes they are plugged in...
  10. May Update broke my speakers?

May Update broke my speakers?: I recently updated to the May 2019 windows update, and my built in audio for my laptop has stopped working, along with my audio jack for my regular speakers. When I plug in a headset via USB, it still works. My speakers were working clearly before the update on the same day....