Windows 10: Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

Discus and support Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pmennen, Feb 14, 2018.

1. pmennen Win User

Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the speaker inside the monitor (used as my default sound device) has worked every time .. except that is for about the last month. It now works after a reboot, but when my computer wakes up from sleep, the speakers no longer work. In fact, the device which usually shows up as "iH282" in the Playback tab of the sound panel doesn't show up at all. (And yes, I do have "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" checked.) I can still listen to the sounds using a pair of earbuds connected to the computer's audio jack (using the "Realtek High Definition Audio" device, but normally I don't want to do that. So I simply reboot the computer and it goes back to normal. However, after perhaps 100 otherwise needless reboots I'm getting pretty darn sick of it and I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this nagging problem.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
    ~Paul

:)

pmennen, Feb 14, 2018

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Jongira Win User
    2nd Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 setup

Thanks, LaneOnWheels.

I have the same problem. After the Fall Creator's Update on Windows 10, my secondary monitor no longer wakes up from sleep (or at start-up). Everything was working properly before the Update. My main monitor is an LG Ultrawide; my second monitor is a HannStar
    iH282. I repeat that they were working properly (sleeping and waking) before the recent windows update.

Your workaround does work for me. Win+P to bring up projection options, switch to "Duplicate" then switch back to "Extend". It's an inconvenience, but it does work! Thank you.

I think your workaround proves that the fault is with Windows. The drivers can wake the second monitor when "duplicate" mode is invoked, so the drivers and video card work as intended (I have a Nvidia 1060b 6gb graphics card). If you find a better solution,
    or if MS fixes windows, let me know, please. Meanwhile, thanks for the workaround.

Jongira, Feb 14, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

I had the same problem with my external audio rig plugged into the RealTek outputs on my PC. I found that simply disconnecting the audio cable from the amp, then plugging it back in, did the trick. It's faster and puts less wear-and-tear on your system, too. It takes very little time to try this out and see if it will help. Unplug, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in. If you're lucky you'll hear two USB "device in/out" bongs and be back in business after the second bong.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor speakers longer

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Dual monitors not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors not waking from sleep: Hi all,I'm having issues where my monitors won't wake from sleep in a dual monitor setup. This only occurs after waking them from a sleep state, and they work fine when booting up my PC from scratch.I have tested both monitors in a single monitor setup and the issue goes away...
  4. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  5. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  6. Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep: Hello, Can anyone help me figure out my problem here? Over the past couple of weeks I've had a issue with our PC monitor, well I thought it was the monitor. When the PC goes to sleep and you wake it up, it won't bring the monitor back to life. After trying numerous work...
  7. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  8. Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep

Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep: I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again. ***Modified title from:...
  9. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...