Windows 10: Monitor Specs Questions

Discus and support Monitor Specs Questions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide. 1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vanp, Sep 24, 2019.

1. vanp Win User

Monitor Specs Questions

I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide.

1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology" like Crystalclear, SmartContrast, SmartImage, SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology, AQCOLOR, Brightness Intelligence, UltraSharp, and PremierColor. Are these concepts marketing nonsense, or serious improvements on basic specifications like color gamut, brightness (nits), contrast ratio, panel type, 8/10 bit-color, whatever else?

2. Is response time of 14ms (typical)/6ms (GtG) acceptable? If a specification is given for only GtG, is the "typical" time always greater than that?

3. What technology/specification determines 16.7M vs. 1.07B colors?

4. All else being equal, which would be better: 300 brightness/1.07B colors, or 350 brightness/16.7 million colors?

5. More monitors than I suspected have built-in speakers, but they're all 2-3 watts per speaker. As a practical matter, are these things usable? I have a Dell soundbar at 5w per. Basically that's OK. Sometimes the sound could be louder, but that's probably a function of the source, not the speaker.

Thank you.

:)

2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 24, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    What determines or restricts monitor specs?

If the monitor is the Samsung S27E390HS listed in your specs, its native resolution is 1920X1080. Both the HDMI and DB15 (VGA) ports will support that.

You'd need a different monitor to get more pixels.

bobkn, Sep 24, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Monitor Specs Questions

What determines or restricts monitor specs?

That 280X Graphics card is fine for whatever you want to do the only drawback i see for gaming is 3GB RAM, out of the 5 models listed under this 280X the only difference in specs is clock speeds, not sure which is yours. You have up to 4096 X 2160 Pixel for DisplayPort Resolution, enough for that Samsung . http://www.sapphiretech.com/productd...05911&lang=eng

That Samsung you want to buy is 2K listed specs not 4K. Either purchase of a new Card or a Monitor is going to be around the same cost, give or take a hundred bucks. What was the model of Samsung you have now ?
    130cm of space going to leave you with 45cm left of space, not much space with this monitor on a desk,34" monitor. Look into 27" monitors in 2K or 4K.

jds63, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Specs Questions

1. Monitor Specs Questions - Similar Threads - Monitor Specs Questions

2. What monitor specs do you look for?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What monitor specs do you look for?: Requirements: 32", 4k, cheap but not junk. I'm 90% sure I want standard 16:9 and not an odd, wide size. I've done nearly all my research on rtings.com and I'm not sure what specs are important and what isn't. This will be a work monitor so I figure lag and refresh rate are...
  3. Monitor resolution question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor resolution question: Is it possible to change my 1680x1050 monitor to display 1920x1080? I don't want to get a new monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-resolution-question/979b683e-ef52-4f38-83ca-ab45327cae1b
  4. MSFS - question on minimum spec.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS - question on minimum spec.....: I checked the minimum spec for MSFS before buying it - and thought my laptop HP Pavilion met it .... just!! But 1 when loading I get an error message saying that I don't meet the minimum spec, and 2 it runs like a complete dog even at the lowest graphic settings and even...
  5. Question about monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about monitors: Is it possible to use my laptop as a second monitor using a wire? I don't want to use wireless because I don't always have connection. Thanks in advance. Preferably free, but low cost should be fine. submitted by /u/Faramir_1233 [link] [comments]...
  6. Dual Monitor Question

Dual Monitor Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop. I have 2 monitors that i connect to, both are 24' and 1920x1200 resolution. One i connect via hdmi to hdmi. The other i connect via usb-c to hdmi. I have dual monitor setup on this. The thing is im not in that place now. Im at my other...
  7. Monitor Specs Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Specs Questions: I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide. 1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology" like Crystalclear, SmartContrast, SmartImage, SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology, AQCOLOR, Brightness Intelligence,...
  8. Monitor arm question

Monitor arm question: Hi everyone, I had a question about compatibility with the following Monitor arm with my two monitors, I see the arm has support for 75x75 and 100x100 which my monitors are that size separately. I have the one ultra wide monitor and wasn't sure if that would clear it with the...
  9. What determines or restricts monitor specs?

What determines or restricts monitor specs?: When considering a higher resolution monitor, what takes priority or restricts choice? Is it the system motherboard specs or the graphics card specs? Or does it depend on whether the monitor is to be connected to one or the other? Or is it more technical than that? I have...
  10. 4K Monitors - confused over specs

4K Monitors - confused over specs: Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 monitors, and why the price is almost double? Is it purely G-Sync or am I missing something? Acer XB271HK (~£750) and LG 27UD68P (~£390). Both are same res, same IPS, same 60Hz, etc. Also, when using a 3840x2160...