Windows 10: Monitor starts after lock screen appears

Discus and support Monitor starts after lock screen appears in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently bought Aorus RX 580 8GB XTR, but i have asus vh228d monitor which only have VGA in. And my new gpu doesn't have VGA out so i bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gh0st67, Jun 24, 2017.

1. gh0st67 Win User

Monitor starts after lock screen appears

Hi, I've recently bought Aorus RX 580 8GB XTR, but i have asus vh228d monitor which only have VGA in. And my new gpu doesn't have VGA out so i bought AKASA Display port to vga reduction so i can use my old monitor. Problem is that when boot sequence is happening the monitor is off, it start with the windows, when lock screen appears. I assume when the gpu driver starts. It's really anoying because i want to tweak settings in bios and i can't now. Can i do something to force my gpu showing me boot sequence/bios?

:)

gh0st67, Jun 24, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Lost tiles on startup menu following OS update.

What screen are you talking about? Is this the first screen that appears when you start the computer (Lock screen) or is it the one that appears after sign-in (Desktop)?

lacrumb, Jun 24, 2017
  3. No screen picture does not appear -- just black

Hi,

When computer is in sleep mode or screen times out, the monitor is just black.

I have verified my Lock Screen background with windows key + L. It is the one I selected.

At the command prompt I entered the following command: sfc/scannow. There were no integrity violations.

I don't know how to make the lock screen appear. I thought it would appear after screen timeout or during computer sleep mode.

Thanks,

Tammy

TammyNeedsHelp, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Monitor starts after lock screen appears

Hi gh0st67. Welcome to the Tenforums @gh0st67

What were you using before the RX 580? Were you using the onboard graphics.

If so I'm wondering if you have to reconnect and disable the onboard and then connect to the new card.

Now I said I'm wondering, I don't want to see you with no graphics so please see if some other members have a suggestion.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 25, 2017
  5. gh0st67 Win User
    I've been using MSI AMD R9 380 2GB Armor 2X, so no i haven't been using onboard gpu.

gh0st67, Jun 25, 2017
  6. Long shot.

Did you refresh your BIOS when you changed video cards. If you customized please ensure you document changes, actual document all settings, and they restore defaults. Only do this is you are comfortable with the BIOS, lots of people aren't and can get into a real mess.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 30, 2017
  7. gh0st67 Win User
    I don't really understand what are you trying to say. I did not reset bios when I changed video cards. I am comfortable with the BIOS but don't know what are you asking me to do in it.

gh0st67, Jul 2, 2017
  8. Monitor starts after lock screen appears

Sorry. I was suggesting loading defaults. Allow BIOS to re-see card.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2017
  9. gh0st67 Win User
    How exactly? *Biggrin sorry

gh0st67, Jul 2, 2017
  10. There are three methods depending on machine. Remove CMOS battery, jumper CMOS reset pins and load defalts in BIOS.

Different BIOS have differnet processes. Once inside BIOS you will have to search around. Some are a simple F9, save and exit.

Some are on a panel and you select.

If you go battery route just be careful and when re-inserting get the polarity right.

Look up your manual online, it will document process.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 2, 2017
  11. gh0st67 Win User
    You want me to reset bios/cmos right? Because i don't know what "Allow BIOS to re-see card" means. *Biggrin

gh0st67, Jul 2, 2017
  12. Sorry for language. Yes I was think that if your reset Bios the card would be re-detected.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 3, 2017
  13. dskiller Win User

it could also be that the display port to VGA converter doesn't support/Like the resolution that the bios and boot screen uses....

dskiller, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor starts after lock screen appears - Similar Threads - Monitor starts lock

2. Lock Screen not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen not appearing: Showing command prompt instead of Lock Screen in my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-not-appearing/dcdf49df-c62c-4912-ac28-04807059b86c
  3. Lock Screen not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen not appearing: Showing command prompt instead of Lock Screen in my windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-not-appearing/dcdf49df-c62c-4912-ac28-04807059b86c
  4. Lock Screen not appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Monitor disconnects after lock screen, and incoming call sounds starts playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor disconnects after lock screen, and incoming call sounds starts playing: I have a new external monitor, connected via HDMI to my Windows 10 laptop.When I disconnect the HDMI cable, the incoming call sound same as used by Teams when I'm being called starts playing.When I lock screen, after 1 minute the external monitor also disconnects, and the...
  6. Monitor disconnects after lock screen, and incoming call sounds starts playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor disconnects after lock screen, and incoming call sounds starts playing: I have a new external monitor, connected via HDMI to my Windows 10 laptop.When I disconnect the HDMI cable, the incoming call sound same as used by Teams when I'm being called starts playing.When I lock screen, after 1 minute the external monitor also disconnects, and the...
  7. Monitor disconnects after lock screen, and incoming call sounds starts playing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  9. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  10. Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode: When I try to use my laptop after sleep mode, the lock screen does not appear. Sometimes I have to press ctrl + alt + del to get it work but sometimes the screen does not appear so I have to force my laptop to shut down. This is very frustrating for me if I am in the middle...