Windows 10: Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

Discus and support Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by razif rohizat, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

Hello,

I’m having this issue over the past few weeks. When I use my computer for few minutes, I keep facing the issue as per state in the subject. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my GPU spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard reset or press alt+f4 and click enter while the screen is blank. Have try all update method but nothing work for me so far.

1. Windows 10 has been update to it’s latest 2004 version.

2. Nvidia Geforce 10 series driver has been downloaded and install to the latest version 451.77

3. Have tried to update the BIOS as well.

please assist me

thanks.

:)

razif rohizat, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

Is it possible to shut down the computer (or sleep) using the keyboard and not the mouse?

Hi,

It is still possible to use the keyboard shortcuts keys to shutdown your computer by following the steps below:

• Make sure you are on the desktop page.
    • Press and hold ALT + F4.
    • Shut Down Windows will open and you can use arrow keys to either Sleep,
      Sign out, Shut down, or Restart.
    • Hit Enter on preferred choice and the mode will take effect.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Is alt+ f4 and shut down the same as shutting down from the start menu

A pretty dumb question, but is it any different? For example:

If I shut down the computer with alt + f4 and shut down, boot it, and then if I shut it down will it start updating windows automatically? (if I havent updated yet)

KristjanBandur, Aug 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

Is alt+ f4 and shut down the same as shutting down from the start menu

Hi Kristjan

Alt + F4 offers you more options:

If there is an update pending, using the Start - Shutdown, the update will be applied and you will have no say in the matter . . .

Alt + F4 will give you the option to Shut Down or Restart without applying the Update

At a base level both are the same apart from this . . .

DaveM121, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or...

1. Monitor suddenly go to sleep, GPU fans spin fast, have to shut down by press alt+F4 or... - Similar Threads - Monitor suddenly sleep

2. Computer shutting down and fans going super fast at seemingly random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shutting down and fans going super fast at seemingly random: sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, but its while playing games. I've had this issue before but the minidump file reads differently this time, not to mention I was playing I much less demanding game this time aroundminidump file reads:VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  3. Computer shutting down and fans going super fast at seemingly random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down and fans going super fast at seemingly random: sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, but its while playing games. I've had this issue before but the minidump file reads differently this time, not to mention I was playing I much less demanding game this time aroundminidump file reads:VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL...
  4. Computer shutting down and fans going super fast at seemingly random

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  6. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button: Hi folks,Having a repeat problem over the past month or so. When I use my PC to play a game, I keep getting a crash of sorts. During play my screen shuts off as though it's been disconnected, and the fans on my graphics card spin up fast and just keep going until I do a hard...
  7. Black screen, crash and fans spin fast, have to shut down by power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. monitors shut down, gpu fan spikes to 100% dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitors shut down, gpu fan spikes to 100% dwm.exe: Hello, recently I've been getting an issue where my monitors randomly shut down, my gpu fans speed to 100% and the only thing that helps is a hard reset. This issue has been happening since windows updated the intel driver 05/03/2021: Intel - System - 2040.100.0.1029 Since...
  9. How to disable "shut down windows" popup when pressing Alt + F4

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable "shut down windows" popup when pressing Alt + F4: This happens when i click the taskbar or my mouse or no open window is selected and i press Alt + F4 so I get this. I know i dont regularly press alt F4 unless i want to kill a process but I just want to disable this window, i remember enabling it but i dont know how i did it...
  10. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...