Windows 10: Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD.

Discus and support Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had the same power settings for over a year. I frequently play CDs. I have the settings so that the screen goes off after 20 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nuraman00, Dec 10, 2020.

1. nuraman00 Win User

Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD.

I've had the same power settings for over a year.

I frequently play CDs. I have the settings so that the screen goes off after 20 minutes of inactivity.

However, when I play a CD (and they're all longer than 20 minutes), it usually waits until it's done playing, then the screen turns off right after.

Today, the screen has been turning off while it's playing. And not waiting until the end, or sometime thereafter.

I am on Version10.0.18363 Build 18363.

However, I am prompted to update Windows, so that may change tonight.

:)

nuraman00, Dec 10, 2020

2. HP monitor keeps going to sleep

Hi Ruth,

Incorrect power settings or options can cause your computer's monitor to constantly go to sleep. For us to properly isolate your case, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Which Windows version/build are you using?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Do you also remember changing or modifying your monitor's default settings?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 10, 2020
  3. yaksha42 Win User
    Monitors won't go to sleep

Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016)

I recently got a new video card (nVidia GeForce RTX 2060) and a new monitor (Viotek GNV27DB, using DisplayPort), I also have another monitor also plugged in (HP LV2311, using DVI). After setting everything up I noticed a few times when I would walk away from my computer and come back later the monitors would still be turned on.

I verified my sleep settings were set up.

Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD. [​IMG]

I searched around and saw recommendations of checking powercfg -requests but mine came back with nothing.

I tried to set up a screensaver to go off before it goes to sleep but even the screensaver never turns on.

I tried rebooting my computer and letting it sit for 15 minutes but neither the screensaver came up nor did the monitors go to sleep.

The device manager doesn't show any exclamation marks and the monitor is listed as a "Generic PnP monitor" in the Device Manager.

This was not an issue before I got my new video card and monitor.

yaksha42, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD. a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor suddenly going to sleep while playing a CD. - Similar Threads - Monitor suddenly going

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitors not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  6. Monitors not going to sleep

Monitors not going to sleep: I have managed to find out why my monitors are not going to sleep by running powercfg /requestsC:\Users\Clayton>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exeHow do I fix this?...
  7. Monitor going to sleep

Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  8. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going to sleep: Hey,I've a problem with here. When i connect my HP monitor to acer Aspire v5 using a VGA cable,the monitor goes to sleep and when i disconnect it,it wakes up saying checking for video cables...
  9. Monitor going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f