Windows 10: Monitor Supported Resolutions

Discus and support Monitor Supported Resolutions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am looking at getting a new external monitor (probably 2k) which I will use with several computers. One of these computers is an old Lenovo Thinkpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnpd, Feb 6, 2018.

1. johnpd Win User

Monitor Supported Resolutions

I am looking at getting a new external monitor (probably 2k) which I will use with several computers. One of these computers is an old Lenovo Thinkpad W510 which has a 1366x768 display using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M video card. Supposedly that card can support up to a 2k display, but I have not been able to get anything higher than its default resolution on my current monitor (which has a max of 1920x1200) using a Displayport connection . I don't really care if I cannot get a higher resolution than the default for that old computer, but I want a monitor that will at least support its default. Currently I was looking at two possible monitors: Viewsonic VP2768 or HP Z27n. Both are very similar but the HP monitor has a preset for 1366x768 while the Viewsonic does not.

Does this mean that the Viewsonic would not support the Thinkpad default resolution or is there a reliable custom resolution that could be set up?

Thanks,
    JohnD

:)

johnpd, Feb 6, 2018

2. Screen Resolution to 1280 x1024

I would recommend looking at the specifications for your monitor and keyboard to see what resolutions they support.

It's possible that your monitor does not support the 1280 x 1024 resolution.

JoeThiesen, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Monitor problems

The max resolution your monitor supports is 1440x900. Newer graphics cards and VGA cables are capable of supporting true hd. I think your graphics card is set to a higher resolution than your monitor supports.

Technitrevor, Feb 6, 2018
  4. Monitor Supported Resolutions

Monitors should be able to scale down to a resolution, but not up to a resolution.

If you like the HP model, they make some good monitors.

Masterchiefxx17, Feb 7, 2018
  5. johnpd Win User
    Thanks,
    I currently have two HP monitors and they have been pretty good so I think I will stick with them.
    JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Supported Resolutions

1. Monitor Supported Resolutions - Similar Threads - Monitor Supported Resolutions

2. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  3. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  4. Monitor Resolution

Monitor Resolution: I just got a 34 inch curved monitor Dell S3422DW and I am trying to change the resolution to 3440X1440 but that is not an option in the Resolution menu. The highest it goes is 1920X1080. So right now my screen is stretched and pixilated. How can I get the 3440X1440 resolution...
  5. Fix Resolution not supported Monitor error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Resolution not supported Monitor error on Windows PC: [IMG]You may get the Resolution not supported error message on your monitor screen when you boot up your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. This post is intended to help you. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions you can try to resolve this issue. Mode Not...
  6. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  7. Monitor resolutions

Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  8. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Resolution: I bought a Dell Inspirion Desktop with an HD graphics card and the PC came with a 32 inch HD Samsung TV. When I first got it I could see things in high definition. For some reason it has reverted to low definition and neither Dell, or Samsung will help. What do I need to...
  9. monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor resolution: HI I was trying to change my resolution from 1050 to 1080 on my monitor I did everything correctly but when I pressed apply to change and finalize my new resolution it switched back to native I am on desktop with a monitor of Dell E228WFP...
  10. Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported": I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving...