Windows 10: Monitor Supported Resolutions

Discus and support Monitor Supported Resolutions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am looking at getting a new external monitor (probably 2k) which I will use with several computers. One of these computers is an old Lenovo Thinkpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnpd, Feb 6, 2018.

1. johnpd Win User

Monitor Supported Resolutions

I am looking at getting a new external monitor (probably 2k) which I will use with several computers. One of these computers is an old Lenovo Thinkpad W510 which has a 1366x768 display using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M video card. Supposedly that card can support up to a 2k display, but I have not been able to get anything higher than its default resolution on my current monitor (which has a max of 1920x1200) using a Displayport connection . I don't really care if I cannot get a higher resolution than the default for that old computer, but I want a monitor that will at least support its default. Currently I was looking at two possible monitors: Viewsonic VP2768 or HP Z27n. Both are very similar but the HP monitor has a preset for 1366x768 while the Viewsonic does not.

Does this mean that the Viewsonic would not support the Thinkpad default resolution or is there a reliable custom resolution that could be set up?

Thanks,
    JohnD

:)

johnpd, Feb 6, 2018

2. Screen Resolution to 1280 x1024

I would recommend looking at the specifications for your monitor and keyboard to see what resolutions they support.

It's possible that your monitor does not support the 1280 x 1024 resolution.

JoeThiesen, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Monitor problems

The max resolution your monitor supports is 1440x900. Newer graphics cards and VGA cables are capable of supporting true hd. I think your graphics card is set to a higher resolution than your monitor supports.

Technitrevor, Feb 6, 2018
  4. Monitor Supported Resolutions

Monitors should be able to scale down to a resolution, but not up to a resolution.

If you like the HP model, they make some good monitors.

Masterchiefxx17, Feb 7, 2018
  5. johnpd Win User
    Thanks,
    I currently have two HP monitors and they have been pretty good so I think I will stick with them.
    JohnD

johnpd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Supported Resolutions

1. Monitor Supported Resolutions - Similar Threads - Monitor Supported Resolutions

2. Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution: I have a monitor that needs 2560x1440. Windows will not let me do that. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-resolution/915392ba-b1fa-4ee7-8992-b9e49b2c12db
  3. N246v Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    N246v Monitor Resolution: I have an old sve14135cxb laptop that I use in my office. The screen on it was yellowish so it sits on a keyboard try beneath my desk and I use a N246v monitor for viewing. However, each time I boot, the machine uses the native laptop resolution of 1366x768 instead of the...
  4. Monitor resolution problem

Monitor resolution problem: Hi After installing a new computer/windows 10 pro, I have an issue with my monitor and its resolution. With my previous computer I had 1920x1080, with the new computer, the default was on 1024x768 with only 3 lower resolution options. After playing with the adapter...
  5. monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor resolution: my monitor wont go to its full resolution of 2560x1440 but only the highest available one which is 1920x1080 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-resolution/3a9e6ff6-e45a-4de1-b31c-399d61559ea2
  6. Monitor Resolution

Monitor Resolution: I bought a Dell Inspirion Desktop with an HD graphics card and the PC came with a 32 inch HD Samsung TV. When I first got it I could see things in high definition. For some reason it has reverted to low definition and neither Dell, or Samsung will help. What do I need to...
  7. Monitor resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor resolution: My new LG monitor displays a recommended resolution of 2560 x 1080 on startup but my computer recommends 1920 x 1080 with no higher option available. Would love to change it if possible. Any recommendations?...
  8. monitor resolution

monitor resolution: HI I was trying to change my resolution from 1050 to 1080 on my monitor I did everything correctly but when I pressed apply to change and finalize my new resolution it switched back to native I am on desktop with a monitor of Dell E228WFP...
  9. Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported": I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving...
  10. Monitor Resolution Issue

Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...