Windows 10: monitor switches off on startup

Discus and support monitor switches off on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updates the computer switches OFF the monitor on startup. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatriciaLowe_45, Feb 3, 2019.

1. monitor switches off on startup

After updates the computer switches OFF the monitor on startup. Why?

:)

PatriciaLowe_45, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 3, 2019
  4. monitor switches off on startup

Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

monitor switches off on startup

1. monitor switches off on startup - Similar Threads - monitor switches off

2. Monitors switching off during game start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors switching off during game start up: I have an alienware pc and have 3 monitors connected on it. When I start a game 3 of them will turn off but only 2 will turn on. I have aurora 6 and a gtx 1070. Please help!...
  3. Monitors switching off during game start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors switching off during game start up: I have an alienware pc and have 3 monitors connected on it. When I start a game 3 of them will turn off but only 2 will turn on. I have aurora 6 and a gtx 1070. Please help!...
  4. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up: So I have an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX 1070. I have 3 monitors plugged into the graphics card and recently whenever I go to start a game, all the monitors turn off but only 2 turn back on and the games will not load.Does anyone know what I can do?...
  5. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up: So I have an Alienware Aurora R6 with a GTX 1070. I have 3 monitors plugged into the graphics card and recently whenever I go to start a game, all the monitors turn off but only 2 turn back on and the games will not load.Does anyone know what I can do?...
  6. Monitors Switching Off During Game Start-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Monitor off during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor off during startup.: So, when I turn on my desktop PC, my monitor doesn't turn on before the login screen. But my PC is clearly on since I can actually go into the BIOS settings, the monitor just isn't on, I can tell because it never gets to the login screen. GPU: GTX 1080 CPU: Intel i7-8700K...
  8. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214
  9. possible shortcut to switch off monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    possible shortcut to switch off monitor?: Hello How to create a Shortcut on desktop to Turn Off the Monitor Thank you 72586
  10. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...