Windows 10: Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10

Discus and support Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is it that every 25 days, Windows cycles my monitor on and off once per second when the monitor saver timeout is reached? Task manager shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M A Weiss, Jul 13, 2019.

1. M A Weiss Win User

Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10

Why is it that every 25 days, Windows cycles my monitor on and off once per second when the monitor saver timeout is reached?

Task manager shows corresponding 100% CPU spikes once per second during the monitor sleep period in which this is happening. When I 'wake' the system, the spikes cease in Taskman. When I leave the system unattended, after ten minutes, the monitor shuts off, then the switches on/off/on/off once per second. The LED on the monitor is staying Green, not Amber like it normally does when it's on standby.

If I reboot, I'm good for another 25 days.

What's happening on the 25th day that causes this?

:)

M A Weiss, Jul 13, 2019

2. Monitor Primary monitor layout switches upon second monitor power off

Hi alts63,

One of the possible reasons why your primary monitor layout switches is that the rotation lock option is turned on. In order to turn that off and fix the issue, please follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key + A on your keyboard to open Action Center.
    2. Click the Expand button.
    3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10

windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10

1. Monitor Switches on/off 1/second after 25 days Uptime in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Monitor Switches off

2. 1+25

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1+25: Bugfcfftybbj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/125/64c64886-558d-4acc-94e7-f7d0d8f46ce6
  3. 1+25

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1+25: Bugfcfftybbj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/125/64c64886-558d-4acc-94e7-f7d0d8f46ce6
  4. Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowdown after a day or two of uptime: I built a PC about a year ago and this has been an issue since making it. I created another PC before without this issue. When I first start my computer, everything works smoothly. The most noticeable difference in performance is dragging any application. It performs...
  5. Windows 10 starts behaving erratically after about 28 days uptime

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 starts behaving erratically after about 28 days uptime: Hello everyone, my Windows 10 PC has a very strange behavior: after about 28 days uptime it starts behaving erratically. First, videos start freezing and stuttering randomly, both online videos like Youtube and video files saved locally on the PC. Then it works again for a...
  6. 25 (day?) uptime upon starting. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    25 (day?) uptime upon starting. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bubbshalub [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1e5qh/25_day_uptime_upon_starting_is_this_normal/
  7. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214
  8. CMD off after 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD off after 1 second: Hi all, Wanted to run SFC so typed CMD in the run line, right clicked CMD, run as administrator and the CMD screen flashes on for a split second and then off. Got it through windows power shell OK, ran SFC and no errors. Ran Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Rkill,...
  9. Windows 10 Switches off primary monitor once every day.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Switches off primary monitor once every day.: So I have been at this for a while now, and I have ruled out that it is something to do with windows 10. I have swapped out the PSU's of the screen, the screen itself and no matter what I do, it will always be my primary screen, I even proved it my swapping the screen...
  10. W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 laptop with second monitor, display turns off after 1 minute: Hey all, hope someone here has a solution for this, since I'm going crazy. I have an HP dv7 laptop connected via VGA to a second monitor. The screen(s) turn off and the computer goes to sleep after a minute despite my best efforts. I have every setting that I can find set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 25 days uptime