Windows 10: Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically

Discus and support Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to set up my computer so I can leave an HDMI cable connected between my PC and TV. The problem is whenever I turn on my TV the PC will transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/crimsonscyes, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically

I want to set up my computer so I can leave an HDMI cable connected between my PC and TV. The problem is whenever I turn on my TV the PC will transfer over to my TV automatically. Is there a way to set it up so the monitor will only transfer over to the TV when I tell it to?

submitted by /u/crimsonscyes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/crimsonscyes, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically

Laptop monitor is black but HDMI to TV works

So, I seem to be having the opposite problem of most. After updating my laptop to windows 10 the laptop monitor basically does not work - it's as if the graphics card does not see it. When I turn the computer on it shows me the dell logo with options to
    open the boot settings, and it starts to show the graphics for loading windows and then just goes to a black screen. Like others I thought maybe it's the issue with thinking there's 2 monitors when there really are not because it's acting like my dual monitor
    work computer at start-up, but none of the listed fixes worked. I tried to plug the computer into the TV via an HDMI cable and that does work but the laptop monitor goes from a 'light' black to an 'off' black. Of course the computer at that point only thinks
    there's one monitor which is the TV when I go into the settings. I've tried every combination of plugging in and pulling out the HDMI at different points in the reboot process but I always end up in the same place of having to plug the laptop into the TV to
    use it. It's as if the Intel graphics doesn't see the laptop monitor as an option. I also tried to update the graphics drivers but it says there are no available updates. Anyone else have this problem and a suggested solution so I can move my laptop away
    from the TV?!

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically

1. Monitor Switches To TV Through HDMI Automatically - Similar Threads - Monitor Switches Through

2. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  3. Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitor HDMI Through HDMI Switcher: I would like to use my 4x1 HDMI switch with my laptop and my Nintendo Switch into an external monitor. With my wiring as it currently stands, My laptop screen is extended to the external monitor while my Nintendo Switch is not in use. When I use the HDMI switch to play on my...
  4. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  5. Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV: Hi, So, I am new this here and I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this. I encountered this issue about 4 months ago and just haven't bothered to try seeking further help after trying to resolve the issue myself and then searching through 100's of...
  6. Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.: I'm having trouble with my audio going from my computer to my TV through the HDMI cable following the latest update. When I restart the computer it works fine for a time, but after it sleeps and wakes up the audio starts going back through the computer speakers and the audio...
  7. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  8. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv: I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I have gone into playback devices yet no hdmi output is listed even when showing hidden and disabled. I went through...
  9. TV through HDMI is not working :(

TV through HDMI is not working :(: Hi, I just installed the clean 9841 from official site (dual boot Win 8) (don't know where you get 9860 though). My issue is that MY TV out though HDMI is not working, I saw while searching on that some people have issue with mous on TV so it mean it should be working...
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...