Windows 10: monitor text and background colours

Discus and support monitor text and background colours in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NormanHughes, Feb 28, 2019.

1. monitor text and background colours

I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish this?

A white screen background is tiring on the eyes, and disturbs one's circadian rhythm.

:)

NormanHughes, Feb 28, 2019

2. Changeing text colour.

• Hi i am Carla,i have a problem,i want to change the text colour in my chat window,but when i click on it it dose not show me any colours to choose from,and i want to change the text colour on my screen from green to another
      colour and do not know how to do it. I have Windows 10.

carlajohnson, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Where have the background colours gone in Calendar

I have two colour coded calendars, each with a different colour. Previously they were identifiable by the background colour of timed events or the text colour of all day events.

After Window 10 updates today, all events, even the timed ones are only differentiated by text colour with no background colour and this makes them difficult to tell apart. How do I re-enable the background colour?

Lesley-Smith, Feb 28, 2019
  4. monitor text and background colours

Change background colour settings

How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text

HeidiCoates1, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

monitor text and background colours

1. monitor text and background colours - Similar Threads - monitor text background

2. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  3. Monitor colour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor colour: I have added a monitor to my laptop using VGA cabl, the colour on the laptop is good but on the monitor is very yellow?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-colour/2ea75849-d075-4450-a8db-6dd38eea9375
  4. MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word "Text Selection Background" colour change: When I double click on a word to select it, the selection background changes to black and the text changes to white. This is a text selection issue. It is not a permanent change such as you would do using Home/Font/Text Highlight Colour or Home/Paragraph/Shading. It is...
  5. Background colour inversion

Background colour inversion: Hi, my cat sat on my laptop and somehow turned on the High Contrast which caused the background colours to invert. I turned the high contrast off, but I still have a black background in the address bars, in the drop down menus and, most irritatingly, in Excel, which has a...
  6. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  7. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  8. Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809

Dark-Theme: Address Toolbar Text Colour and Background Colour bug-1809: In early October, after the (first) 1809 Update, I posted a thread relating to the Address Toolbar in the Taskbar, and the problems that I was having with it. Essentially, the background of the Toolbar had become almost the same colour as the text I typed in, and so the...
  9. Photos background colour?

Photos background colour?: Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248
  10. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9