Windows 10: Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

Discus and support Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Red Phoenix, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off.

Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no sound in the system.

I have to restart the PC each time.

What can I do to solve this?

I tried using Display Driver uninstaller to delete the gpu drivers but there's been no difference.

:)

The Red Phoenix, Feb 15, 2019
  2. rpol16 Win User

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

At first I just thought my display turns off. It turns out that my monitor turns off because the system goes to sleep. For some reason, the system goes into sleep mode before the screen saver setting activates. After 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity, my laptop simply goes into sleep mode.

rpol16, Feb 15, 2019
  3. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Feb 15, 2019
  4. rpol16 Win User

Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks in correctly. However, after a few times of working correctly, my monitor begins to turn off again.

rpol16, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

1. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound - Similar Threads - Monitor turns black

2. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  3. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  5. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  6. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  9. Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. WHY?????: Windows 10 is not turning off my monitors after 10 minutes of inactivity. What must I do to get this fixed???? I do NOT want my computer to sleep, but I do want the monitors to power off....
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop goes to black screen after 5 minutes of inactivity