Windows 10: Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

Discus and support Monitor turns black and PC acts weird. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Randomly after about 10 minutes of use my monitor goes black and the fans get louder. The led’s on my fans also turn to the color that they do when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Most_Stop_650, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

Randomly after about 10 minutes of use my monitor goes black and the fans get louder. The led’s on my fans also turn to the color that they do when I turn my pc on or off. I can’t do anything after this happens. Can’t even use the power button on the case. Please help!!

Specs: Amd Ryzen 5 2600 Radeon rx580 Gigabyte gaming-ab350-3 16gb ddr4

submitted by /u/Most_Stop_650
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Most_Stop_650, Aug 17, 2020

2. My monitor turns black and white

When I boot up my two-month-old Windows 10, the monitor displays lovely color. As soon as I enter my password and hit enter, the monitor turns black and white. Suggestions?

JohnWeidler, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Weird second monitor behavior

Unfortunately it does not help.

The problem is not that the system does not recognize the second monitor.

The monitor turns on when the system is booting (showing info about the

motherboard and such) and it also shows the Win icon right before the login.

Then it turns black and stays black unless I reboot the system. If I do that then

it works fine. To summarize: on the first start, it does not work. If, once the system

is on, I choose Start -> Reboot then the monitor works.

(By the way, once it turns on it shows that various pop up windows -reminders- that

are scheduled to open on that monitor have actually popped up when the screen

was black. Which means that the system knows that the monitor exists, but it keeps

it black somehow)

It is weird, I don't know how to solve it.

M.

Mauro29091974, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

Weird second monitor behavior

Hi all,

I have installed Win 10 and it seems to work fine, with one exception.

I have two monitors installed. When turning the PC on, only the main one

works, the second one stays black. I thought it was a simple compatibility

problem but then I noticed that

1. If I go "Start -> Reboot" the second monitor turns on and works fine on reboot.

2. If I let the PC "time out" so that the energy saving settings kick in and

both monitors are turned off, when I move the mouse to resume working

the second monitor turns on and works fine. :-O

Some technical info, if needed: I'm using a desktop PC with Samsung

SyncMaster EX2220 as main monitor and SyncMaster 2023W as secondary

monitor. Both monitors appear installed on the "Settings -> Show Connected

Device" menu. Also, I tried updating their drivers and it says that both drivers

are already updated to the latest version. Same can be said for the GPU (AMD

Radeon HD 7700).

Has anyone else had this weird problem?

Thanks a lot!

M.

Mauro29091974, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Monitor turns black and PC acts weird.

1. Monitor turns black and PC acts weird. - Similar Threads - Monitor turns black

2. PC acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC acting weird: Pc acting weirdMost of the time my pc works flawless but without any warning it start to act super weird and always the same things.Mousewheel stops workingSome buttons don’t work - W or D for exampleChrome tries to open a new window instead of the normal process or just a...
  3. PC acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC acting weird: Pc acting weirdMost of the time my pc works flawless but without any warning it start to act super weird and always the same things.Mousewheel stops workingSome buttons don’t work - W or D for exampleChrome tries to open a new window instead of the normal process or just a...
  4. PC acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  6. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor acting very weird!: My 223V5 Philips monitor has been acting weird lately and I've tried keeping up with it but it's too distracting. It keeps pushing buttons randomly on its own, it presses its "AUTO" button rapidly at times this just makes my screen 4:3 instead of the normal 16:9 and this...
  7. Monitor acting very weird!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black for a second and apps seem to act weird: Hello! Recently I started getting weird bugs where my screen would turn black for a second or two, and the apps would seem to reopen or something like that. They don't seem to stop working, but It feels like they start loading UI over already opened UI, I'd describe it like...
  9. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird": Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370 I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2...
  10. Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor menu not working and monitor acting "weird": Hey there, first up sorry, i am not even sure this is the right category for this post. if it is at the wrong place feel free to move it. Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster XL 2370 I am using this monitor as my second one and it is actualy doing all it has to do. there are just 2...