Windows 10: Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

Discus and support Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by galactica.phantom, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see it and tell me what I can or should do. Thank you very much. Link of the .dmp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwcWXnGHTc8qx9uaYRFufpmZoIgX8rnx/view?usp=sharingScreenshot of the bluescreenviewer software:

:)

galactica.phantom, Aug 17, 2022

2. Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 17, 2022
  3. Unsupported Graphics card .

Hello Ayush,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 17, 2022
  4. AndreePin Win User

Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

1. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue?? - Similar Threads - Monitor turns off

2. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  3. WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD GRAPHICS ISSUES APPEARING OCCASIONALLY, IS IT GRAPHICS CARD DRIVER ISSUE OR IS IT...: Could somebody please explain why this weird graphics occasionally happens, it appears occasionally for few seconds and then gone, and then returns later but irregularly. I have read that it might be graphics card driver issue, but I do ask if it might be Windows 11 related...
  4. graphic card turning off itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic card turning off itself: so when i play games my windows crashes with green screen pops up and after i turn on pc my graphic card disapears from pc its just integrated pc specs:windows 11 64bitintel core i5-10300Hnvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti card that disapears...
  5. graphic card turning off itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic card turning off itself: so when i play games my windows crashes with green screen pops up and after i turn on pc my graphic card disapears from pc its just integrated pc specs:windows 11 64bitintel core i5-10300Hnvidia geforce gtx 1650 ti card that disapears...
  6. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??: Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see...
  7. Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with PC boot after installing graphics card drivers: Hello, I've got problem with my graphics card that after installing graphics card driver PC cant boot to windows. Only if i uninstall drivers in safe mode it boots to windows then when i install it and reboot pc it doesnt turns on, stops on the loading circle and after...
  8. Hardware Acceleration turned off - Graphics Card issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Acceleration turned off - Graphics Card issue: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with the IntelR HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce GPU display adapters. I started having trouble with them a few months ago. When I use applications I have used many times before with no issues, I get an error message saying my graphics card...
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103