Windows 10: Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart

Discus and support Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago I started having a problem with my monitor turning off and not coming back on until I restarted my PC, and I thought I had fixed it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XeriousKyre, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart

A few months ago I started having a problem with my monitor turning off and not coming back on until I restarted my PC, and I thought I had fixed it by doing a factory reset, as I didn't have a problem with it again until just a couple weeks ago. I changed my HDMI cables, got a new monitor, scanned for viruses and malware, and a few other things to try and fix it, but to no avail. It will randomly turn off sometimes making an audible "pop", but my CPU is still running. I don't really want to buy a new CPU, so if anyone can give me help, it'd be much appreciated.

:)

XeriousKyre, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Surgikill Win User

Monitors will not turn off/Screen saver won;t activate

Hi guys. I have been trying to get my monitors to shut off so I don't get a burn in on my screens. I can't seem to figure out what is causing them to stay on. I tried enabling a screen saver which won't turn on and I also tried making a keyboard shortcut to turn off the monitor with a cmd command. Whenever I use the shortcut the monitors go down for a second and then pop right back on. I read somewhere it could be my mouse or keyboard causing it to stay awake, but I don;t think this is the problem seeing as it was fine on windows 7. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!

Surgikill, Mar 30, 2020
  3. ic00042 Win User
    taskhostw.exe error in Performance Monitor

I've gone through all the steps to remove the potential taskhostw.exe malware and it still occurs in my Performance Monitor when I run a System Diagnosis check. It's still coming up as "Process taskhostw.exe [ProcessId: 2068] has a high CPU consumption of
    99.3%".

Is there anything one may suggest to fix this?

-Irene

ic00042, Mar 30, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart

1. Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart - Similar Threads - Monitor turns off

2. Monitor blank screen but cpu still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor blank screen but cpu still running: Hi please kindly help. Im already frustated with this problem.im just use my youtube to browsing and theres sound like "tuk" behind my monitor then my monitor suddenly blank screen while im using it after few hours, when my monitor blank at the same time the sound was sound...
  3. Monitor blank screen but cpu still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor blank screen but cpu still running: Hi please kindly help. Im already frustated with this problem.im just use my youtube to browsing and theres sound like "tuk" behind my monitor then my monitor suddenly blank screen while im using it after few hours, when my monitor blank at the same time the sound was sound...
  4. Monitor blank screen but cpu still running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  6. Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in: Hello! I just upgraded my SSD, and thus, i figured it would be cleanest to do a fresh Windows 10 install. Everything is working properly, all of my drivers are downloaded and Windows is up to date. The only issue I'm having (so far) is that when I restart my computer, one...
  7. Monitors Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Won't Turn Off: I set my power button to "turn display off". When I click the button, my display turns off, but turn back on immediately afterwards. It used to work fine until today. I made a few changes between yesterday and today: I installed iCloud and iTunes as well as altServer. I...
  8. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  9. Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Not Turning Off After Restart: On my machine the monitor isn't turning off immediately after a restart. It's not been logged into yet, but it's simply staying on. Normally it sleeps very quickly if no one logs on at the lock screen. What might be the cause of this? 137103
  10. Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual Monitors : Second monitor won't come back on: I am running Windows 10 in a dual monitor setup. Main monitor (LG) is connected with DisplayPort cable and is at it's naitive 4k resolution, second monitor (ASUS) is connected via HDMI at also at it's native resolution 2560x1440. Both monitors go to sleep properly...