Windows 10: Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

Discus and support Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hostelcat, Oct 20, 2016.

1. hostelcat Win User

Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

Hi everyone,

This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it back on. Both monitors are LG LED 23EN43 but it only happens on one of them. Any ideas why this might be happening and how to stop it?

:)

hostelcat, Oct 20, 2016

2. computer turns off when it goes to sleep

Depending on the model of your laptop, you may be able to check the battery health in the BIOS.

This problem may be due to the power settings not correct. In the search box, search for Power & Sleep make sure the settings are to your liking.

tamara_sadel, Oct 20, 2016
  3. computer turns off when it goes to sleep

What is the make and model of your computer?

What have you done so far to troubleshoot the problem?

How long has this been happening?

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed: 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703?

Which version of Windows did you upgrade from?

Sometimes your computers firmware, which deals with things like power management, which is related to sleep needs to be updated. Remember, the issue you are experiencing here is outside of Windows, where its not resuming from sleep. Windows is in a saved state
    on the hard disk and can't manage the hardware resources, thats left up to Firmware (your BIOS) to handle. So, its obvious this more a hardware issue than software, but updated driver software can fix it.

It could suggest you need to update your chipset drivers and BIOS.

I recommend you update the most critical ones: BIOS, Chipset, Display Driver, Network adapters.

If that does not work, I recommend you try two things

First: Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Batteries

Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System.

Choose Update Driver Software.

Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the check for updates.

When complete, restart then check if you can sleep and wake.

Second option

uninstall your display driver then restart

Boot to the Windows 10 desktop

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

If that does not work, well, we need to try something else. Try resetting the BIOS:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

Andre Da Costa, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

1. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor turns off

2. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  3. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  4. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  5. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  6. Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen monitor goes to sleep when computer turned on: I have an HP monitor. Lately, when I turn on my computer the monitor is black, then shows "Monitor going to sleep" and never wakes up. I have the settings for the monitor to 'never' go to sleep, however, something's going on that keeps doing it. I don't see anything else...
  7. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  8. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  9. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  10. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...