Windows 10: Monitor turns on by itself

Discus and support Monitor turns on by itself in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. My screen is set to turn off after 5 minutes, no sleep, no hibernation. It does turn off but turns back on immediately. After another 5 minutes (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by elt72356, Feb 2, 2020.

1. elt72356 Win User

Monitor turns on by itself

Hi. My screen is set to turn off after 5 minutes, no sleep, no hibernation. It does turn off but turns back on immediately. After another 5 minutes (or whatever time I set it to) it turns off again but this time it stays off as it should. I've got the latest drivers, my monitor: LG Flatron E2360. Everything works fine under Ubuntu. Any ideas please? (win10 v.1903)

:)

elt72356, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 2, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Thanks. Suggest you do a clean boot and see what happens, then if the monitor still turns on, you have potentially far less logged by Proc Mon.

dalchina, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Monitor turns on by itself - Similar Threads - Monitor turns itself

2. Bitlocker turned itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker turned itself on: We have a Dell laptop in which a tech tried to install a USB to VGA dongle. In the process, the computer restarted and went into recovery mode. When we finally got out of recovery, the OS apparently turned Bitlocker on its own so we don't have a 48-character key to unlock it....
  3. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  4. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  5. The webcam turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The webcam turns on by itself: The webcam on my laptop turns on by itself. I have found that it turns on when any sound is played. For example, I am talking on MS Teams with the video OFF. But the camera nevertheless turns on the light near the camera is on. It often happens that the camera quickly turns...
  6. Sound turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on by itself: I checked my audio driver and it is up to date. But sometimes when I open my computer the audio is at 10% and I set the audio to muted the last time I used it. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on by itself: I set my sound to muted and when I opened my computer it was on and at 10%. And my computer made a beeping sound but i don't know if that's related. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  9. computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  10. Monitor turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on by itself: Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system....