Windows 10: Monitor turns on immediately after it goes into powersafe mode

Discus and support Monitor turns on immediately after it goes into powersafe mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have the problem that my monitor turns on immediately after it turned off for powersave. To be clear: I don't mean the time for the PC to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by b00nSai, Jan 28, 2021.

1. b00nSai Win User

Monitor turns on immediately after it goes into powersafe mode

Hi,

I have the problem that my monitor turns on immediately after it turned off for powersave. To be clear: I don't mean the time for the PC to go to Sleep but the time you can configure to turn off the monitor.
    This happens only if the dongle for my Microsoft wireless keyboard is plugged in. If I unplug it, the monitor stays off after the configured time. This also happens if the wireless keyboard is turned off on its switch or doesn't have any batteries in it. I have another keyboard that is on my desktop, I use the wireless one from my couch. The other keyboard doens't make any trouble.

A similar problem was already reported on August, 13th 2019. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-waking-up-automatically-from-sleep-mode/4153ecac-1d2b-426b-9686-9a42e0e55098 This problem seemed to solve itself with one of two Updated mentioned in the post.

"Fortunately, the 9/1/2019 Cumulative Update KB4512941 and the .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 for Win 10 1903 KB4511555 has fixed the problem."

I can't install these updates as my windows is newer from my understanding. I have all last updates installed.
    I'm not sure when this problem started to appear. I've reinstalled Win 10 from scratch a couple of months ago, but I can't say that I'm having this problem since then or if it started later with an update. I hope we can find a solution, as this problem is really annoying me.

Cheers,

Julian

:)

b00nSai, Jan 28, 2021
  2. emurskp Win User

monitor goes into sleep mode

If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!

emurskp, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    New Lenovo monitors wont turn on; low power mode turns on and screens go black.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Lenovo monitor. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete model number of the Lenovo monitor?
    • How are the monitors connected to the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you turning on low power mode?

Please reply with more information on the issue to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2021
  4. emurskp Win User

monitor goes into sleep mode

Thank you Vijay for the quick response. The troubleshooter didn't find anything. For step 2, I was already using the recommended setting. I noticed that the fast startup only affects the startup when you're machine has been turned off, and currently
    that is when my monitor works, so I didn't want to change that setting. My monitor doesn't work if i'm beginning from the pc being in sleep mode.

emurskp, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Monitor turns on immediately after it goes into powersafe mode - Similar Threads - Monitor turns immediately

2. PC goes into sleep mode immediately regardless of the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC goes into sleep mode immediately regardless of the settings: Greetings,I'm encountering an issue with my Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 regarding its sleep behavior. Despite configuring the "turn off my screen after" setting to 15 minutes, the laptop behaves unexpectedly. The moment i leave my desk, the screen immediately dims,...
  3. PC goes into sleep mode immediately regardless of the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC goes into sleep mode immediately regardless of the settings: Greetings,I'm encountering an issue with my Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 regarding its sleep behavior. Despite configuring the "turn off my screen after" setting to 15 minutes, the laptop behaves unexpectedly. The moment i leave my desk, the screen immediately dims,...
  4. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  5. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  6. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

7. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  8. Laptop turns off immediately after turn on

Laptop turns off immediately after turn on: helloi was resetting my laptop,suddenly it started a loop for selecting "operating system",after some time i dosent boot and when i turn it on it just **** down and open again.pls tell what should i do for thisthanks!...
  9. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  10. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...