Windows 10: Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

Discus and support Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi friends, I have a very... peculiar problem on my (desktop) computer that started just recently. In my power settings I have set up the monitor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Grimnir79, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Grimnir79 Win User

Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

Hi friends, I have a very... peculiar problem on my (desktop) computer that started just recently.

In my power settings I have set up the monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and hibernate is disabled (set to "Never").
    Like this (it's in norwegian).

Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random [​IMG]

This have been working flawlessy since I reinstalled windows about a month ago. But a couple of days ago the montor started to turn itself seemingly at random. The problem is similar to the one describe here, but it also happens during the day.

So I have tried all the usual things:
    - Running powercfg -lastwake from command prompt (admin mode). No hits.
    - Checked Event Viewer for power-related events.
    - Checked the Task Scheduler (disabled all tasks there as well).
    - Played around with power settings (disabled wake timers).
    - Unchecked Allow this device to wake the computer in Device Manger for my LAN and the mouse.
    - Uninstalled my Brother Drivers (was the last thing I installed).
    - Disable Microsoft OneDrive.
    - Done some Voodoo dancing and throwing chicken bones.

But no luck, screen still turns itself on after a while.
    BUT: I have tried booting into safe mode, and there it is no problem. The montor turns off and stays off untill I move the mouse or press the keyboard as it should.

Also: when locking windows the monitor stays off, but I would prefer not having to log in every time I want to use the computer.

So I would assume that there is some software or driver sending a signal to the monitor on a regular basis, but which one? Could it be some windows update?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro N, 1909 (OS Build 18363.836).

Here are my startup apps:

Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random [​IMG]

:)

Grimnir79, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Stavros Win User

Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Random wake ups

For some reason my computer now wakes up at random from S3 sleep. I have no idea why. Nothing is scheduled. Its completely random.

I just turned magic packet off so I am testing that now. But its bugging the hell out of me why it would just wake up!

Any ideas?

TheMailMan78, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

1. Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random - Similar Threads - Monitor turns wakes

2. Windows turns my monitor on and wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turns my monitor on and wakes from sleep: I'm really getting tired of this. I'm on Windows 10. This happens even on my laptop, but it's worse on my desktop. Windows is CONSTANTLY waking my computer from sleep mode and then leaving it on draining electricity all because it wants me to set up something or update...
  3. Windows turns my monitor on and wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows turns my monitor on and wakes from sleep: I'm really getting tired of this. I'm on Windows 10. This happens even on my laptop, but it's worse on my desktop. Windows is CONSTANTLY waking my computer from sleep mode and then leaving it on draining electricity all because it wants me to set up something or update...
  4. Windows turns my monitor on and wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  6. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  7. My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Gateway monitor will not turn on after waking from sleep: Recently, my Gateway monitor will only repeatedly flash the Gateway logo when Windows wakes up from sleep. The Windows desktop will not display, and I have to manually power off the computer and restart.This is new behavior. Maybe after a Windows update. This is Windows 10,...
  8. Monitor will not wake from sleep

Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  9. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep: PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark. -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's cable to pc but nothing happens. -Have checked both keyboard and mouse hardware settings and they are set to "wake" -Have...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...