Windows 10: Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...???

Discus and support Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...??? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am a newbie to computers and I recently bought a used monitor from Craigslist. After being turned on for a couple of hours the vents get kind of hot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by TigerByteKid, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...???

I am a newbie to computers and I recently bought a used monitor from Craigslist. After being turned on for a couple of hours the vents get kind of hot and they are warm to the touch.

Is it totally normal for computer monitors to make heat such as this...? How warm or hot should a monitor run/operate at during a 'normal/average' use case scenario...?

The reason I am confused and concerned is because the monitor in question is over 10 years old and is obviously used. I don't know the...

Read more

TigerByteKid, Jan 13, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Sun/heat vs. laptop

The laptop should be protected against overheating. First step, if the fans were not providing enough cooling, would be to throttle back the CPU to reduce the load, in extreme it should shut down if that wasn't enough. You can monitor the CPU temperature with something like Core Temp

I'd be concerned about condensation on the ice-pack getting into the laptop, water and electrics don't mix. Oh. and concerned for you getting sunburn.

3. BulldogXX Win User
    CPU Temperature

Gerry's advice is good, but unless your motherboard or internal fan has a heat sensor, the best you can measure with software is a pretty good approximation. For a low tech approach, hold your hand next to the exhaust vent. Does the air coming out feel
    hot (much warmer than room temperature)? If so, open the case as much as you can (or have a professional do it) and blow out the dust and dirt. D&D are the number one cause for high inside temperatures. The hardware itself has gotten so reliable that it's
    rare (but not impossible) for it to overheat on its own.

BulldogXX, Jan 13, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...???

Concerned over the temperature of the processor

I'm running two HP notebooks with i7 4810 and they run hot depending upon the load.
    Currently they display 94 and 82 C.
    The first one while under warranty had its heat sink and fan replaced.
    There were no hardware problems found with diagnostic testing.
    The CPU had thermal paste reapplied.
    Temperatures didn't improve.
    Had the warranty continued they said they would have replaced the MB.

HD Sentinel measures the highest drive temperatures which I'd used as a method to monitor lifetime cooling problems.
    Run HD Sentinel: (free or trial edition)
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

So run the Dell diagnostics custom tests overnight (including stress tests):
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...aptop/diagnose

Code:
    Code:
    The next day test components as necessary (many are interactive).

zbook, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...???

1. Monitor Vent Heating/Temperature Concerns...??? - Similar Threads - Monitor Vent Heating

2. What tablet heating temperature is already considered critical and requires tablet Surface...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What tablet heating temperature is already considered critical and requires tablet Surface...: When working and watching videos, the tablet Surface Pro 8 i5/8/256 GB Windows 11 periodically noticeably heats up. What temperature is considered working?...
  3. What tablet heating temperature is already considered critical and requires tablet Surface...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What tablet heating temperature is already considered critical and requires tablet Surface...: When working and watching videos, the tablet Surface Pro 8 i5/8/256 GB Windows 11 periodically noticeably heats up. What temperature is considered working?...
  4. Monitor CPU temperature with custom graphs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor CPU temperature with custom graphs.: Which program I can use to graph cpu temperature over time? Something similar to grafana? 180028
  5. Venting frustration.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Venting frustration.: I thought i could trust reinstalling windows to a different drive, 3 days ago. >Migrate hardware no problem. >Install new extra ssd no problem. >No microsoft migration tool? Ok. >Buy third party, migrate OS to new SSD. Boots no problem. >Wipe original SSD, restart. >New...
  6. concern about temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    concern about temperature: hi there I have recently buy a surface laptop 2 i5 model .I just want to know that the temperature goes 37 to 51c in ideal or when browsing YouTube videos and under full load the laptop cross 70c is it normal or my laptop is defective one....
  7. Monitor Temperature > Which App ?

Monitor Temperature > Which App ?: Is this a safe app to download ? https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ 129165
  8. Monitor Temperature > Which App ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Temperature > Which App ?: Is this a safe app to download ? https://openhardwaremonitor.org/ 129165
  9. Liiking for program to set monitor temperature

Liiking for program to set monitor temperature: Hi! I am looking for something like flux but monitor specific. I purchased 2nd monitor but it's a bit warmer although it's exactly the same monitor as first one. I didnt manage to get them equal from monitor settings. Bad thing is that it only offers me RGB adjustment and...
  10. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....