Windows 10: Monitor Wakes after sleep

Discus and support Monitor Wakes after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Marty Smithh, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Monitor Wakes after sleep

I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO

I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes.

It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open
    But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off

I thought it might be a MOBO issue

Originally it had the onboard graphics that came with the system.

I recently installed an ASUS Radon RX 580 hi def HDMI card and ASUS HD monitor

No change...

Anyone experienced this?

:)

Marty Smithh, Apr 24, 2020

2. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Apr 24, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Monitor Wakes after sleep

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Monitor Wakes after sleep

1. Monitor Wakes after sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor Wakes sleep

2. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  3. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: When my PC wakes from sleep it always used to wake the monitor as well but now when the PC wakes the monitor does not respond. The only way to solve the problem is to do a hard reset of the PC. The PC is definitely waking from sleep. it is just the monitor.I have read...
  4. After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...

in Windows 10 Support
    After sleep. monitor doesn't always wake...: This is a fairly new Dell Inspiron 3780 and a screenshot of my power options are attached. When I touch a key after I've been away for a while, the keyboard lights up and MOST of the time the display comes back. But randomly, the display stays black, forcing me to power...
  5. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  6. Monitor will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not wake from sleep: I have tried many fixes found on the internet,i have changed setting after setting,created numerous power plans,tried different display port cables,i have a dell alienware 34 inch monitor,I9 9900k,asus rog maximus xi code mobo, evga ftw 2080 ti hybrid,corsair 64 gb 3200 MHz...
  7. Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Sleep/Wake Problem: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  8. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Monitor waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...