Windows 10: Monitor was working fine then went blank

Discus and support Monitor was working fine then went blank in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monitor will turns off after short period and will not come back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidWare37, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Monitor was working fine then went blank

Monitor will turns off after short period and will not come back on

:)

DavidWare37, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Juntao Win User

monitor goes blank

hey, i have a samsung 22"ws and an 850xt. 1 gig of ram and an old xp3200. Every time I watch a movie in powerdvd or media player i can get some of the way through it and then the monitor goes blank and it acts like the cable is not even hooked up. After that I have to reset. Atitool temps are fine throughout on vid card and mobo temps are good as well. I was just wondering if anyone may have a suggestion at to what it may be. Thanks.

Juntao, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Monitor was working fine then went blank

Samsung Monitor not working after Windows 10 install

Hello,

• Did you check if the external monitor work fine with other systems?
    To check if there is any issues with HDMI cable or external monitor, I suggest you to try connecting it to any other Laptop/Computer and check if this works fine.

Kindly let us know the status to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Monitor was working fine then went blank

1. Monitor was working fine then went blank - Similar Threads - Monitor was working

2. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?...
  3. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?...
  4. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows update went blank

6. windows update went blank

7. windows update went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?waiting for your reply...
  8. windows update went blank

windows update went blank: hello everyone i am using pc windows 10 but today after space in C drive i cant see any update or installation in my pc windows update column of settings showing something went wrong . How to fix that issue kindly tell me?waiting for your reply...
  9. windows update went blank

10. Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor went black but I can still see the mouse pointer. Other monitor works fine.: I have 2 Dell monitors setup as Dual monitors for an ASUS Ultrabook notebook. I was working and actually looking at the one Dell monitor when it just blacked out. I turned it on and off and it did not comeback. I reattached all connections and that did not help. What is...