Windows 10: Monitor will not wake up

Discus and support Monitor will not wake up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win10 to latest update. My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC. Before latest updates the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RickKins_1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Monitor will not wake up

Win10 to latest update.

My desktop is set to turn off display after 1 hr but the PC stays running cameras on PC.

Before latest updates the display would turn off and with a wiggle of mouse, would wake up. Not anymore. I have to force shutdown of PC because it won't wake up.

I changed the settings to Never turn off monitor - that works but I prefer to not have my monitor on 24/7/365.

Is there a fix to this?

:)

RickKins_1, Mar 5, 2021
  2. THE_EGG Win User

Monitor problem - not waking up

Hey guys, I have an issue with my BenQ GW2765HT where if I turn on my computer with the monitor in standby (orange light) status the monitor will not wake up. I must then unplug the monitor from the AC power and then replug it and then also restart my computer before the monitor will wake up. This issue is intermittent however and also strangely if I do a restart from Windows the monitor goes to standby for a second or two before waking back up when the POST screen appears which is normal behaviour. So it seems only if the screen is on standby for some time does it fail to wake up again.

Also the monitor will not wake up if it is powered off (although still plugged in) under the same circumstances as if it were just on standby status and also requires the AC power to be disconnected and the computer to be restarted before it wakes up.

Any suggestions? Or should I just take it back to my shop?

info; I bought it in the middle of August last year.
    edit; I am using a displayport cable. I've tried a different displayport cable and also with a different computer and I have the same problem. I also tried DVI and it happened more often.

THE_EGG, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Cliffy-HC Win User

Monitor will not wake up

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Monitor will not wake up

1. Monitor will not wake up - Similar Threads - Monitor wake

2. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  3. Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard wakes up my monitor: Hello,My Microsoft Designer Compact keyboard seems to wake up my monitor 1-2 times after the monitor goes to sleep. If I turn off the keyboard the monitor doesn't wake up. How to prevent this?...
  4. How do I stop 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor' from waking up my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor' from waking up my...: Basically ever since I have had my computer it has been randomly waking up and I found out it is because of 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor'. I don't have a printer in my house, but it keeps trying to scan for one? Is there a way to disable this or...
  5. How do I stop 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor' from waking up my...

How do I stop 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor' from waking up my...: Basically ever since I have had my computer it has been randomly waking up and I found out it is because of 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor'. I don't have a printer in my house, but it keeps trying to scan for one? Is there a way to disable this or...
  6. How do I stop 'NT TASK\HP\HP Print Scan Doctor\Printer Health Monitor' from waking up my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  8. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

How to find out what wakes up my monitor?: I set my monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and never sleep. Sometimes the monitor will automatically turn on, although nobody have touched the keyboard or mouse.Is there any way to know what caused the monitor to turn on?...
  9. How to find out what wakes up my monitor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  10. Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Screen Setup: Monitor Wakes with PC, but Won't Display an Imagine Until Second Screen...: As the title says, I have a dual screen setup; one PC monitor, and one TV. Prior to having the TV also connected, the monitor would wake with the PC no problem. Even with dual monitors, it was not an issue. When I upgraded my second screen from a 1080p PC monitor to a 4K TV,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wake monitor off