Windows 10: Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Discus and support Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I've had this problem for a while and I didn't really bother to try and fix it before now. https://i.imgur.com/1Cz6fES.png... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Disficmige, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Okay so I've had this problem for a while and I didn't really bother to try and fix it before now.

https://i.imgur.com/1Cz6fES.png
    https://i.imgur.com/TnN7PIt.png

I have NO CLUE why I have so many devices, but the thing is that the only available audio is through a sound program, Voicemeter, and my headset, HyperX Cloud II.

So far I've tried uninstalling my realtek drivers and restart the pc, which made the pc install the drivers again automaticly.
    After that I tried uninstalling Realtek and install it again, still no luck.
    Last I just tried this without luck.

I just want sound on my monitor.... Asus VG248QE. I know it has speakers and I know my second monitor has speakers cuz I've used them as it before this became a problem.

ANY form for help would be amazing.

:)

Disficmige, Aug 5, 2017

2. USB audio

The problem with usb audio speakers, is they use different drivers and every time you plug them in you have to manually switch to use the usb speakers. Pain in the rear.

If you get jack speakers, then you just plug them in a good to go. You could though when plugging in jack speakers have a little app that may pop up to allow the external speakers or allow your internal speakers and then you would choose.

seahawks65, Aug 5, 2017
  3. kin_826 Win User
    want to connect sound

I have a display port at the back of the monitor. I have fix a display port HDMI adaptor but the result is no sound.

The speaker icon shows no speaker or headphone was plugged on. The speaker icon is not default and there is no green tick.

kin_826, Aug 5, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Your drivers are installed, but is the speaker cable with the green end from the monitor plugged into the Green Audio port in the back of the computer?

spunk, Aug 5, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Your drivers are installed, but is the speaker cable with the green end from the monitor plugged into the Green Audio port in the back of the computer?
    Your computer volume icon in the taskbar is showing no speakers are plugged in.

spunk, Aug 5, 2017
  6. Well it's not speakers but a monitor I'm trying to get to work. But the thing is that I can't choose it as an output. I just tried with my laptop and it works fine through display cable, but neither HDMI or DVI works on my main pc for some reason

Disficmige, Aug 6, 2017
  7. DVI, does not provide any sound, its digital video only. HDMI will provide sound, if the monitor has a HDMI input and speakers. Right click the speaker icon down in the notifications area by the clock. Select playback devices and look for your video card. Mine lists NVidia High Definition Audio as an option. It's listed multiple times I guess because the card has multiple outputs. You want to switch it from speakers to your video cards HDMI output. If your feeding your signal through an HDMI to DVI adapter you won't get any sound. As far as I know anyway.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

1. Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In" - Similar Threads - Monitor speakers Speaker

2. no speaker or headphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker or headphones are plugged: مشكلة في الصوت لايعمل https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-or-headphones-are-plugged/b216d393-e615-4584-a930-662f0a53c7e3
  3. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  4. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in.: My sound icon has a red x and when I hover on it, it comes up with the message, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. On device manager, I have no sound drivers installed I used to have realtek other than my headphones, for which the sound works for when i connect them....
  6. No speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in: Hello. Recently I've been getting this strange error where my computer audio completely stopped working and there is a message on the bottom-right hand of the screen that says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." This has only happened after I did a reset of my...
  7. Monitor Speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Speakers: I have a Samsung monitor where the speakers are build in. Speakers do not work and I can not find the problem. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-speakers/114ceafa-1e75-4edd-b8c3-bc2f6d19697e
  8. No speaker or headphone plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No speaker or headphone plugged in: I started getting this issue around May or June of this year, with the speaker having a red x over it, ive tried all the options from reinstalling audio drivers, restarting windows audio, and the sfc scannow commands. Occasionally the sounds come back for a while, but...
  9. Monitor and speakers

Monitor and speakers: Hi guys I'm new here and i hope someone can help me out with my problem. I have recent bought a new monitor that have a audio jack and is connected with HDMI. Strangely when my speaker is connected to my PC there is no sounds, i tried trouble shooting or reinstalling audio...
  10. No speakers or headphones are plugged in

No speakers or headphones are plugged in: My sound icon is showing a red X, and hovering on it shows "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Plugging headphones in makes no difference. Troubleshooter says the "audio peripheral doesn't appear to be plugged in. check the connection", and right clicking sound icon...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The audio peripheral doesnt appear to be plugged in. Check the connection.