Windows 10: Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

Discus and support Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I remember this bug in Windows 10 and seems like it still appears in Windows 11 too. I don't even know if it's a bug or intentional, however it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ditendra, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Ditendra Win User

Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

I remember this bug in Windows 10 and seems like it still appears in Windows 11 too. I don't even know if it's a bug or intentional, however it's really annoying, because whenever my gamepad is plugged to my computer, screen won't go off. I want to ask if there anything to fix this?

:)

Ditendra, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced (via console) sleep works.

I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue occurred after upgrade to Win10 from Win7, so between these two facts I'm certain its Win10 at fault.

Anything i can do to solve the issue?

GammaGoblin, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

1. Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC - Similar Threads - Monitor won't sleep

2. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  3. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep: Hello,same question as ; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/displayport-monitor-never-goes-to-sleep/a992a91a-9aa8-4e4b-a65e-b906200649eaThe original answer by microsoft team is not usefull only 1 positive vote and 53 other people has the same problem so...
  4. Monitor won't going to sleep or randomly going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't go to sleep if gamepad is connected to PC: I remember this bug in Windows 10 and seems like it still appears in Windows 11 too. I don't even know if it's a bug or intentional, however it's really annoying, because whenever my gamepad is plugged to my computer, screen won't go off. I want to ask if there anything to...
  6. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  7. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  8. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

9. The PC monitor does not go into a sleep mode when the gamepad is connected - Windows 10

The PC monitor does not go into a sleep mode when the gamepad is connected - Windows 10: Hello. Tell please, the team of this forum can not transfer to developers to solve this global problem? This problem applies only to Windows 10, any connected gamepad to USB or USB-dongle does not switch the monitor into sleep mode, it is always in the on until it is...
  10. Monitors won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors won't go to sleep: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I recently got a new video card (nVidia GeForce RTX 2060) and a new monitor (Viotek GNV27DB, using DisplayPort), I also have another monitor also plugged in (HP LV2311, using DVI). After setting everything up I noticed a few...