Windows 10: Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

Discus and support Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Wallace4444, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have gone as far as resetting Windows (reset & keep my data) but it still happens. - Acer KG271U (Displayport) & Benq Zowie XL2730 (HDMI) - 5 minute screensaver set to "blank" - 15 minute monitor inactivity to turn monitors off - All chipset drivers and everything I can think of updated (monitor drivers included) What happens is after the 5 minute timer, the blank screensaver comes on no problem. After the 15 minute timer, the screens wake instead of going to sleep/standby. The 5 minute timer then kicks in again and monitors go to blank screensaver, before again waking at the 15 minute interval. I have confirmed it's the sleep timer that is waking the monitors as if I set the screensaver to 1 minute and the screen inactivity timer to 2 minutes - at the 2 minute mark the screens wake. If I disable screensaver and just have inactivity timer enabled, the screens will turn black for ~1-2 seconds and then turn on again. They don't ever reach standby mode though where the power light is amber. I thought it might have been a USB device causing the monitors to wake before the timer is up, but occurs every time at the 15 minute mark without fail. Never before, only after it tries to put the monitors into standby mode. If I use nircmd to run nircmd monitor off - the monitors go to sleep/standby as expected and are only woken when I move my mouse / tap on the keyboard. Any ideas?

:)

Wallace4444, Jun 26, 2021

2. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas.

I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently.

I have gone as far as resetting Windows (reset & keep my data) but it still happens.

- Acer KG271U (Displayport) & Benq Zowie XL2730 (HDMI)
    - 5 minute screensaver set to "blank"
    - 15 minute monitor inactivity to turn monitors off
    - All chipset drivers and everything I can think of updated (monitor drivers included)

What happens is after the 5 minute timer, the blank screensaver comes on no problem. After the 15 minute timer, the screens wake instead of going to sleep/standby. The 5 minute timer then kicks in again and monitors go to blank screensaver, before again waking at the 15 minute interval.

I have confirmed it's the sleep timer that is waking the monitors as if I set the screensaver to 1 minute and the screen inactivity timer to 2 minutes - at the 2 minute mark the screens wake.

If I disable screensaver and just have inactivity timer enabled, the screens will turn black for ~1-2 seconds and then turn on again. They don't ever reach standby mode though where the power light is amber.

I thought it might have been a USB device causing the monitors to wake before the timer is up, but occurs every time at the 15 minute mark without fail. Never before, only after it tries to put the monitors into standby mode.

If I use nircmd to run nircmd monitor off - the monitors go to sleep/standby as expected and are only woken when I move my mouse / tap on the keyboard.

Any ideas?

Wallace4444, Jun 26, 2021
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

unattended sleep timeout

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will assist you with this.

Specifies the duration of inactivity before the system automatically enters sleep after waking from sleep in an unattended state.

For example, if the system wakes from sleep because of a timed event or a wake on LAN (WoL) event, the sleep unattended idle timeout value will be used instead of the

sleep idle timeout
    value.

Hope the information was helpful.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

1. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout - Similar Threads - Monitor won't sleep

2. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  3. Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor wont turn on after inactivity timeout: My PC's display will not turn back on after I leave my computer for a while 30+ min? and the display closes due to inactivity timeout. When I return to my PC, I click my mouse/keyboard to wake the display, and the display lights up for a second backpanel lit, but display is...
  4. Monitor timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor timeout: How can I Stop Windows 11 From Turning Off my screen for specifc program?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-timeout/2d5a4d51-a7c4-485e-8678-20b9c94960e3
  5. Monitor timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor timeout: How can I Stop Windows 11 From Turning Off my screen for specifc program?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-timeout/2d5a4d51-a7c4-485e-8678-20b9c94960e3
  6. Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep after inactivity timeout: Hoping someone can help me here as I'm running out of ideas. I am running Windows 10 21H1 and having an issue with monitors not going to 'sleep' after the inactivity timeout. This occurred on my previous mainboard and CPU and continued after I replaced them recently. I have...
  7. Inactivity Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inactivity Timeout: I have read several of the 18 pages of replies to the original question concerning the "Inactivity Timeout" setting, none of which worked for me including typing "Local Security Policy" in the search bar. I am not a fan of Win10 at all, in my humble opinion it is absolutely...
  8. Monitors won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors won't go to sleep: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016) I recently got a new video card (nVidia GeForce RTX 2060) and a new monitor (Viotek GNV27DB, using DisplayPort), I also have another monitor also plugged in (HP LV2311, using DVI). After setting everything up I noticed a few...
  9. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  10. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...