Windows 10: Monitor won't stay asleep

Discus and support Monitor won't stay asleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 70runner, May 16, 2020.

1. 70runner Win User

Monitor won't stay asleep

Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when disconnected from dock does same thing. Disconnected wireless mouse/keyboard, no effect. Unchecked wake options on ethernet adapter. Powercfg lastwake shows nothing. Event viewer didn't help. Setting display and PC to sleep at same time worked, but I prefer leaving the PC on and sleeping the display. Most google sleep issues/solutions involve the PC not the display. Suggestions?

:)

70runner, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Creators Won't Stay Asleep

Hi Greg,

Based on your concern, it appears that your computer won't stay asleep after upgrading to the new Windows Creators Update.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• May we confirm the build of the Creators Update you are using?
    • You mentioned that you have tried every solution already. May we know what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, May 16, 2020
  3. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, May 16, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Monitor won't stay asleep - Similar Threads - Monitor won't stay

2. Dell Monitor won't stay tilted back

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell Monitor won't stay tilted back: I have a Dell U2412M that won't stay tilted back. I've looked it over pretty well, and looked at the User's Guide. I did see some disassembly literature somewhere but don't know where now. I wonder if there is any internal adjustment that can be done to make the spring...
  3. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  4. Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar won't stay on second monitor?: I used to have my taskbar on my second monitor, but after a fresh install of win10Pro, it keeps moving back to primary monitor after each reboot or if the screen goes to sleep. Having the taskbar locked or unlocked makes no difference. Please help! submitted by /u/Zugas...
  5. Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Surface Book 2, won't stay asleep.: I have a Surface Book 2 (15") with Windows 10. No matter what, it won't stay asleep. Looked in Event Log, no events logged for waking up. Pressing the sleep button throws the sleep mode briefly then enters the login screen, hitting the sleep button a second time puts the...
  6. Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 install won't stay asleep; USB Root Hub at fault?: My Windows 10 install won't stay asleep, and it's driving me mad. Sleeping used to work just fine back when I was running Win7. It would go to sleep when told, stay asleep until woken. Everything was great. Then it started waking up at random times. I did a lot of...
  7. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep or Stay Asleep: Computers and proper sleep have been the bane of my existence for years. Sleep issues prove extra difficult to diagnose, in spite of hours and hours of research, because you have to wait and see what happens. I am an experienced builder, and a relatively competent...
  8. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?: Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may...
  9. Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't stay asleep, hibernate, or shutdown, tried everything: Hello, I am new to posting on these forums but I have been reading them for a bit. I appear to be having the problem with windows 10 that prevents windows from staying asleep. To be more specific every time I shutdown, go into hibernate, or go to sleep, the computer only...
  10. Windows 10 will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not stay asleep: Hi I have already searched the forums for solutions to this and tried several to no avail. The issue is as above, I put the PC into sleep mode and it wakes itself back up anything from 1 minute to 5 minutes later. I have: Gone to power management and ensured I have a...