Windows 10: Monitor won't stay asleep

Discus and support Monitor won't stay asleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by 70runner, May 16, 2020.

1. 70runner Win User

Monitor won't stay asleep

Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro (v1909). Sleep settings in win7 were 30min for monitor and never for PC. Worked fine for yrs. Monitor now wakes up spontaneously about 10sec after sleep. Monitor is 32" HDMI via docking station to Dell M6800 laptop. Laptop display when disconnected from dock does same thing. Disconnected wireless mouse/keyboard, no effect. Unchecked wake options on ethernet adapter. Powercfg lastwake shows nothing. Event viewer didn't help. Setting display and PC to sleep at same time worked, but I prefer leaving the PC on and sleeping the display. Most google sleep issues/solutions involve the PC not the display. Suggestions?

:)

70runner, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Creators Won't Stay Asleep

Hi Greg,

Based on your concern, it appears that your computer won't stay asleep after upgrading to the new Windows Creators Update.

To help us isolate the issue and eventually come up with the best resolution, kindly provide us the following information.

• May we confirm the build of the Creators Update you are using?
    • You mentioned that you have tried every solution already. May we know what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jhessica Sur, May 16, 2020
  3. Computer Won't Stay Asleep

Hi,

Computer won't stay asleep due to countless culprits: an accidental swipe of the mouse, a scheduled system task, and any number of other weird settings that reside in Windows' power options. To fix the issue, you may disable the Ethernet adapter's so that system
    may stay asleep. To do so, you may follow the steps below:

1. Open the Windows Device Manager.

2. Click the plus next to Network adapters, then find the Ethernet adapter for your system.

3. Right-click the adapter name and choose Properties.

4. Click the Power Management tab, then clear the checkbox next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

5. Click OK, then restart the computer.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, May 16, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Monitor won't stay asleep - Similar Threads - Monitor won't stay

2. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  3. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  4. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor asleep: Hello community, I need a little help.desk top pc went to sleep while I was typing password. I tried a couple more times. Then I did a restart. Then a hard restart turned it off. Waited a bit and turned it on. Same same so I dove in way over my head and pressed windows and 7...
  6. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor asleep: Hello community, I need a little help.desk top pc went to sleep while I was typing password. I tried a couple more times. Then I did a restart. Then a hard restart turned it off. Waited a bit and turned it on. Same same so I dove in way over my head and pressed windows and 7...
  7. Monitor asleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop will not stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop will not stay asleep: Since I put a wired mouse in b/c my wireless one failed, the pc won't stay asleep. I since put the wireless one in and after a Logitech driver install the wireless one works. I down loaded the driver from Logitech and set pint -it is a M310 and keyboard is K520 No trouble...
  9. STAY ASLEEP!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STAY ASLEEP!!!: My computer keeps waking up by itself and doesn't go back to sleep even though it's set to sleep automatically. I have disabled the thing where it wakes up and checks for updates at 2am every day (on by default, lol). I turned off all USB device allow to wake computer in case...
  10. Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why won't my computer stay completely asleep?: Hello, I've got a new Levono desktop which works fine. But it's noisy, so I always put it to sleep when I don't use it. Yet, although it stays in sleep mode, it makes noise. Fans are blowing, so I assume the computer is working on something in sleep mode, whatever that may...