Windows 10: Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in

Discus and support Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I just upgraded my SSD, and thus, i figured it would be cleanest to do a fresh Windows 10 install. Everything is working properly, all of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wafflewrestler, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in

Hello!

I just upgraded my SSD, and thus, i figured it would be cleanest to do a fresh Windows 10 install. Everything is working properly, all of my drivers are downloaded and Windows is up to date.

The only issue I'm having (so far) is that when I restart my computer, one of my monitors does not turn on. If i unplug it from my computer and plug it back in, it turns on. I've tried swapping ports and it seems like its an issue specific to this monitor, as it happens regardless of which port i use and my other monitors (3 monitor setup) work fine regardless of where i plug them in.

Why could this be happening and is there a fix? Thanks!

submitted by /u/wafflewrestler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wafflewrestler, Feb 25, 2021

2. Monitor doesn't turn on after restart until I unplug and plug in back the HDMI

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. From when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes with the HDMI cables used for connecting on LG monitor?

This issue is happening may be because of the necessary drivers for the external monitors are not detected automatically from the laptop. In your scenario it’s acting like a plug and play device, ideally which shouldn’t have happened.

However, try the below suggested steps on the laptop and check the status of the issue.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter on Laptop

1. Press Windows key and I key on your keyboard.
    2. Click on Update and security >
      Troubleshoot
      > Hardware and Devices.
    3. Run the Troubleshooter and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Update drivers

You may refer this article on how toUpdate drivers
      and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Chan4k Win User

Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in

Monitor doesn't turn on after restart until I unplug and plug in back the HDMI

Hey guys,

Awesome to talk you all.

My problem is strange, I wonder that whether you have experienced it before.

Let me describe it concisely.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop which is connected to an LG monitor via HDMI. Windows detects the display and I am able to use 2 screens without any problem. If I restart the system in between, works too. No problem at all.

At end of the day, after work, I shut down my computer and "shut down the monitor (AC power source)".

Next day, If I switch on my monitor i.e. AC power source "first" and turn on my laptop second, windows detects the monitor without any problem.

On the other hand,

I switch on my laptop first and after it boots to the desktop, then I turn on monitor i.e. AC Power cord, the windows does NOT detect the second screen. If I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back, it works.

Strange right??? I don't understand what is the cause of this,

So I tested my LG monitor with another laptop i.e. Acer Spin 5, the problem remains the same.

Similarly, I connected my Lenovo laptop with another Dell monitor, the problem remains the same.

So I am certain that, this is related to a software issue than a hardware. It is driving me crazy.

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks all

Friendly,

Chandra

Chan4k, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in

1. Monitor won't turn on after restart until i unplug it and plug it back in - Similar Threads - Monitor won't turn

2. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  3. Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones doesn't work untill we restart and after restart if we unplug the headphones and...: I've been looking through the old questions and I couldn't find a fix, the issue is pretty much what the title says.Please look at the image below, idk why it says this.Also I think the issue occurred after I updated my drivers from here...
  4. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  5. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged: The mouse is a Logitech G400. It works in bios, but for about a month I've nearly always needed to unplug and re-plug it before it will work in Windows. I'm now on 1709 Build 19045.272.Tried to update BIOS - not helped.Tried to update AMD USB Chipset driver - not helpedTried...
  6. USB mouse not working after boot-up until unplugged/re-plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC will not start after restart until I unplug all monitors and use the onboard graphics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not start after restart until I unplug all monitors and use the onboard graphics...: Hello, I am having a very interesting issue. I just built a new PC...Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX Z690, Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 NvME, Core i7 12700K, Nvidia Quadro K1200 w/4 monitors...and installed Windows 11. Everything is working great except when I reboot my machine, it will not...
  8. PC will not start after restart until I unplug all monitors and use the onboard graphics...

PC will not start after restart until I unplug all monitors and use the onboard graphics...: Hello, I am having a very interesting issue. I just built a new PC...Gigabyte AORUS Elite AX Z690, Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 NvME, Core i7 12700K, Nvidia Quadro K1200 w/4 monitors...and installed Windows 11. Everything is working great except when I reboot my machine, it will not...
  9. Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor turns off, cpu still running, monitor won't come back on until restart: A few months ago I started having a problem with my monitor turning off and not coming back on until I restarted my PC, and I thought I had fixed it by doing a factory reset, as I didn't have a problem with it again until just a couple weeks ago. I changed my HDMI cables, got...
  10. Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, unplug and plug back in, icons shift to 2nd monitor: I am having a rather large issue with Windows 10. For some reason when I plug in my HDMI for my 2nd monitor all of the icons and the taskbar immediately shift to that monitor. This is because I have it set as the "primary" monitor, but I want the taskbar and icons to stay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. esternal.monitor dont turn on when uppluged tuinkvision